• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I would NEVER buy a GM car or truck,

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DON - Some scarry stuff there. Last GM vehicle I bought was in 1999, a Lumina sedan, started falling apart on the test drive. Drove it 80,000 miles in about 50 months, when I traded it on a vehicle that had over twice the sticker price as the Lumina, they allowed me about 25% of the sticker price of the car. Would have been Cheaper for me to RENT a car for those four years. I'll never own a GM vehicle again.

Seven years ago I bought a Volvo S40 for a commuter car, FMC dumped a few of it's poor investments several years ago, forget the name of the company that bought Volvo but it's Chinese. If I could get anything for the Volvo it'd be gone too. Still have my old '96 F250, guess I better take care of it, it might become my daily driver again!

Buick made no bones that the 2010 cars were designed by Chinese engineers. GM dropped Pontiac for Buick even though Pontiac outsold Buick by a little over 2 1/2 to 1. The Chinese say the Buicks are the Cadillac of the Western Hemisphere.

My Ol' Blue 1993 Dodge Dakota with the V6 just turned 243,000 yesterday morning on the way to work. Original transmission, A/C, alternator, radiator, and the engine is using some oil. Ryan McShane borrowed it last month to pick up his #4 169. He drove it like I drive it or as he puts it. "Marlin, you drive like an old farmer. Your Dakota may not have the get up and go like it used to only you'll be able to go the 300,000 the way you drive that truck." ..... (wait a minute.... "drive like an old farmer... !!!???"

Don-
It's not just Chevy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7sWEK6fYeA
<font size="-2">(I'll spare you from the boring video. It's just cheezy shots of the new Chrysler 300 with piano music in the background. Read the video "description", that's where the real info is.)</font>

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/chrysler-to-launch-the-300c-in-china-in-june-45574.html

Granted, it doensn't sound like Chrysler is as deeply vested in China as GM is, but I gotta think it's only a matter of time.

China LOVEs our cars! Read the following article. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/05/chinese-buyers-crave-luxury-cars/1

Notice about halfway into it how it describes more car companies moving there. (BMW, Nissan, etc.) The fact is, China is where the money is located. Like flies on $@#^%, these companies are moving in droves. I guess it's either follow the money or die.

I don't like the GM/Chrysler bail-out anymore than the next guy, but if there is money to be made selling cars in China, it makes sense that they try to get a piece of it.

To me, the scary thing is where does all of this "china-buyout" crap end???

Not to change the subject or anything, but does anybody here think this guy's truck-project will tow a couple of cubs?

Chevy C50 Pick Up Project

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

MARLIN - I think RYAN was meaning that when you drive through the country, you cruise about 45 and spend more time looking at the fields & farms than at the road. My Dad did that a L-O-T!

ART - Yes, all those Chinese people want to live just like we do, live in nice houses, wear designer blue jeans, talk on cell phones, listen to I-pods, and drive new cars. Lot different than their parents & grand-parents lived. Pretty soon they'll find out they can't afford the standard of living they want on the wages they make and their labor rates will go up. I read something on the internet, news story someone posted a link to that it took the US 100 years of Industrialization to basically price themselves out of work to less industrialized lower cost labor countries. Japan did it in about 40 years, and they predict China will do it in about 20 yrs. Lot of outsourcing going to India too, company I used to work at sent all their blue prints to India for updating. Most had to be corrected when they came back but oh well.

Eventually we'll run out of low cost countries to do our dirty work and we'll have to do things here again.

I can't really blame the auto co's for wanting to get a share of the Chinese car market. But that doesn't mean I have to support their domestic business by being a customer after We ALL bailed them out of their financial mess due to poor management for decades.

ART - I forgot to mention in my last post, I drove a C50 a bit when I had my last driving job almost 30 yrs ago. It was a little "box truck", had a 9-10 ft long box almost tall enough to stand up in. Nice little truck for local delivery, but it was geared to run only about 50-55 MPH. I think it had THREE junk-yard Small blocks in it in one year. Everybody tried to run 60-65 in it and blew it up, even the owner. I'd run 55 and it'd last. It was no speed demon with those junk yard 305's. If I had to make longer runs I'd take the old IH FleetStar that got about 3 MPG because it'd run 60-62 all day long.

Back