• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Homemade Four Wheel Wagon

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bolted the back axle to the 4x4's and took it out for a spin. I wanted to make sure everything worked before disassembling and painting. I have about a 8-9' turning radius.
53293.jpg

53294.jpg

I get about 4" of lift before the back wheel lifts off the ground.
53295.jpg

The deck will be attached to 2x4's and the 2x4's will be attached to the 4x4's. Here is a mock up of the components. I have 1/2" clearance before the wheel hits the decking. Plenty of clearance.
53296.jpg

I painted the frame parts. I used Extreme Yellow Rustoleum. Looks an awful lot like cub yellow. Then I made the deck. Tomorrow I will make the back rest.
53440.jpg

53441.jpg

53442.jpg

53443.jpg

I finished the back rack. Its fixed and cannot be removed without removing the bolts. I am thinking of cutting off the top board so its only 3 high.
53478.jpg

I also built some removable sides.
53479.jpg

The last thing to do is replace the back tires.

Great looking wagon Terry, I was wondering how top heavy, stable, your design is with the small foot print? What is the over all size of the bed?

Thanks for sharing!
Brian

Maybe you should go with some tri-ribs like Glen C. has on his 149. That'd look pretty sharp.

I decided to rebuild the deck on the wagon. The deck started to twist. I also didn't like the way the side walls looked or worked. The decking now goes to other way. For the side walls I decided to make a side sliding receiver setup. The walls are held in the receivers with small pins.
167941.jpg

167942.jpg

167943.jpg

167944.jpg

167945.jpg

167946.jpg

Terry B.- That's a fine looking trailer. I like anything homemade with a function, especially a multi-function accessory like your trailer. While looking through the pics and reading I had an idea for a trailer like this, a side dump. You have the hydraulics from your tractor. You have the loader on your tractor making it an earth moving operation. This is, of course if you haven't built one already. I thought about the tilt the front axle would offer with pressure from the weight (hinge side upon dump) but something like a pin through and right above the axle in the axle carriage. Just an idea...
From what I see here, you certainly have the ability with your fabbing creativity.

Latest posts

Back