• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hi everyone

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylecherry

Hi everyone, My name is Kyle. I have an old IH Cub that was my grandfathers and has been sitting in storage untouched for the last six years. Ill be making a post to get some info on the value and possibly sell for my grandmother.

Attachments

• 271939254_327432775961963_4397782132872956301_n.jpg
    271939254_327432775961963_4397782132872956301_n.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 128
Welcome from about 2 hours west of you... Looks like you got a decent 70 or 100 there with the hubcaps.
You have the hood for it?

Value is the catch 22, it's a good model, lots of people like them...but we're not nicknamed Cubsylvania for nothing.
They're almost a dime a dozen here. The REAL value is to you and your grandmother. Get it running nicely, clean it up and take care of it and you'll enjoy and understand why your grandfather had it. (y):cool:(y)

Yup the hood is sitting in the shed. It seems to be the 100. It has the k241 10 hp engine in it. I'm pretty sure they bought it back in 73-74 from one of their neighbors. I resealed the carb and new gasket for the fuel bowl and had it running around the yard. I remember driving it around the yard and mowing 20 years ago.

They sure aint' a dime a dozen around here! If you are fortunate enough to find one, they usually start around the $500 mark, running or not!
I would definitely keep it, cause they quit making them 57 years ago. :cubwinker:
By the way, WELCOME to the forum! You might as well stick around. Lots of nice folks on this site. 👍
Pardon my Blue Ridge mountain grammar. LOL

If it were me, I'd give grandma $500 and keep it. You seem to be someone that can fix and maintain it, judging by the repairs you've already accomplished. And every time you go to fire it up for the next 30 years, it will bring a memory of grandpa, whether it starts up or not. To me, that's worth the money and then some. But anyways, welcome to the group. You will find never ending source of knowledge, that is eagerly shared, around here. And we love pics, so post them often!

If it were me, I'd give grandma $500 and keep it. You seem to be someone that can fix and maintain it, judging by the repairs you've already accomplished. And every time you go to fire it up for the next 30 years, it will bring a memory of grandpa, whether it starts up or not. To me, that's worth the money and then some. But anyways, welcome to the group. You will find never ending source of knowledge, that is eagerly shared, around here. And we love pics, so post them often!

Welcome!!!! I agree here. I got my first (of many) 100's from my wife's grandmother. It was sitting in the "boat shed" for 10+ years and she said "get it out of here, and you can have it." I did what you did, and cleaned the carb, checked the oil, jump started it, and drove it on the back of my truck. 20 years later it is still referred to as Grandpa's tractor.

Latest posts

Back