• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Here she is.........

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcook

displayname
Bill Cook
Here are some pics of my 1712...back together, cleaned up, and ready to rock!!

35140.jpg

35141.jpg

Bill:

She looks Great. Looks like you'll have a strong runner for a long time now.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Roland
thumbsup.gif

And I also have to Thank You for your tips and insight on the mechanicals of the tractor! Even with the manuals, first hand experiance is always a huge plus. This tractor is a lot different than my other Cub Cadets, and you helped 'fill in the gaps' that the manuals didn't!!

Thanks Kraig! The pictures don't show how shiny it is, or all of the reflections!

After getting to use it some yesterday, I can see why guys like the 782s and 784s
thumbsup_old.gif

Too bad there isn't more traffic in this CCC/MTD area...they seem like OK tractors to me!

Here is a picture from the next morning after the previous pics...we rolled the 1712 outside, and my son is about to 'take off' to put it to work
buttrock.gif

35285.jpg

Roland: Now that it is up and going, it is 'growing' on me
biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to putting some hours on it!
thumbsup_old.gif

Bill,

I'm currently doing repairs to an 1811 I recently acquired for a cheap price. I keep finding stuff that needs either repaired or replaced. Funny thing is that it doesn't bother me. Sounds like I got the fever. I'll have to post progress pictures here on the forum. I love seeing pictures like yours that shows the dedication that's put in these good old tractors.

Adrian: By all means, please post pics and a story of the repairs and experiences you are having with your 1811!!!!
thumbsup_old.gif

It is very interesting to see other folks repairs, and tips...plus it keeps this site 'chugging' along
buttrock.gif

All of the parts I bought for the 1712 seemed reasonable...well, the coil seemed a bit pricey, but, like I always say, "If you don't have the money to fix it, then you never had enough money to own it to start with"

Bill- It is also nice to have a cub dealer near by where when you are in the "heat of the battle" to get it running you can call them up and they will mail you the parts and send ya the bill, that is what my cub dealer does that I get a lot of my parts from. Gotta love them old time dealers that take a man for his word.

Ok, here's a picture from when I bought it. The picture does it too much justice. The rear of the fender was all smashed up, tail light busted, hyd valve hanging by the control lever (not connected to the steering column), no break return spring, no quick attach lever spring, headlights hanging by the wires, pto wires cut, screen on front grill all dangled up, driveshaft ruined, no alignment bearing on hydro pump trunnion, flat tires, and I forgot the rest.
35373.jpg

I'll post some progress pictures soon.

Geez Hugh, you are spoiled
thumbsup_old.gif
My local dealer lets me order parts over the phone, and pay for/pick them up within a reasonable amount of time.. sometimes it's 10 days or so, before I can make it to the dealer once the parts come in....

WOW Adrian...sounds like you got yourself a -rebuilder-!
eek.gif

However, when you get everything fixed up, you will have a tractor that will last you for many, many years to come!

Thanks for sharing the picture! How far along are you on fixing it up?

Here's a pick of the front after making repairs, starting to look pretty good. I've got to get the engine running good then I'll be able to take it out to the property where it'll be used for mowing.
35379.jpg

Another side shot after fixing more stuff. The fender assy is repaired and primed. Just waiting to go with my brother-in-law to the paint booth.
35380.jpg

(Message edited by agitch on May 07, 2006)

Lookin good Adrian!!

I see you do things like me..buy 'em, and tear them apart...LOL

Sometimes a guy has to 'go through' the entire tractor and fix all of the neglected parts and pieces, and replace/repair all of the 'rigged' items done by previous owners.
bash.gif

Well I'm pretty close to being done with the 1811. I still need to put decals and the foot treads on. I've got to replace that nasty seat also. Still have to take it to the dealer for not running so good. The weird thing is, it runs crappy at low rpms. Runs a tad better at high rpms. When I engage the pto and mow through the grass, the engine clears right up and runs really good. That has me stumped. Maybe it's a fuel/governor related problem.
35657.jpg

My 1712 is chugging right along...
This past spring we installed a different rockshaft -the original had rusted so bad we couldn't get it loosened up using blaster, and the hot wrench...it was 'stuck' in down pressure mode! So the sawzall was called on to remove it!
76603.jpg

While we had the transaxle out, we installed new damper springs, and damper spring guide pins. Also, we installed a 'vent plug' in the rear cover to eliminate the infamous 'Hytran Burp'.

Once the rockshaft, and rearend were back in place, the tractor was fitted with an IH style 3 point, and a bagger attachment plate to mount the lower bracket on (I didn't want to test the strength of the aluminum rear housing)
76604.jpg

76605.jpg

Once the 3 point was ready to go, we decided to plow then, instead of in the fall
76606.jpg

76607.jpg

76608.jpg

Adrian: Any updates on your 1811?

Sorry I didn't answer your post sooner I didn't see your question at the bottom of the post. The 1811 is doing good. I've got to replace one of the remote oil lines that is leaking. It used at my parents property now since I've got another toy.
81769.jpg

This is my 782. It's got a low hour KT17 Series II in it. I recently installed a remote oil filter kit in it. I still want to add the idiot low oil light one day. I've also got a plow that I restored for it. Just need to get a 3pt and sleeve hitch adapter for it.
81770.jpg

81771.jpg

81772.jpg

81773.jpg

Latest posts

Back