• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Feldmann TurfVent aerator

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindstedt

displayname
Kevin Lindstedt
I seldom get to do "look what followed me home" posts, so I'll take any chance I get. Stumbled upon this at a garage sale this weekend. Looks to be built a whole lot heavier-duty than Agri-Fab and other similar units. Just to stay a little on-topic, I'm going to pull this with my 1811.
87726.jpg

I looked at their website. The one they have on there looks just a little different in that it has some form of deck material. Kind of a mesh screen looking idea. This particular aerator is selling for nearly $650 new. I have the Agri-Fab that seems to work fine for me, but you are right, it isn't built nearly as nice as this one. Good luck with it. SteveG

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll have to determine, through trial & error, just how much weight I need to stack on it to pull plugs from the lawn. It's pretty heavy on it's own, but I know I'll need some more weight as my lawn is mostly heavy clay.

Kraig - Of course it's well built - its a product of Wisconsin!
err.gif

Kevin,
On my Agri-Fab, I put four 8 x 16 x 8 foundation blocks on it (the ones with the 2 large holes.) That seems to work for me.Of course, that is all I have room for, and have really never tried it with less. Mine is also 48" wide. You may be able to put an extra block or 2 on yours, since I have the wheel release running down the center of mine. SteveG

Hey Kevin your aerator looks good! I modified my Hahn Aeri-Boy Jr. from 30" to 60", from trailing hitch to Sleeve hitch,to Cat. 0 3 point or trailing . I use 2 30# IH front tractor wheel weights bolted to the top frame. soil and moisture conditions will dictate how much weight you need. Trial & error ....I've pulled it with a 1450, a 1811,a 882, & ( orange 23 hp tractor). a Friend borrowed it and used his Cub LoBoy to pull it. I had to do some reinforcement [field improvement packaging after operator missuse and incompetence]. Dad bought it new in 1978 when we did landscape maintenance on the side.PWR

Latest posts

Back