• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Fall Plowday 14 Info

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I'm not sure those videos can be downloaded....
angry.gif

Brian A., don't ya hate it when that happens?
pcwhack.gif

Lets try this again.

A HUGE thanks to the folks that put this on, it was an outstanding event all around. I took way too few pictures, I was just having too much fun to stop and shoot.

Lonny B and the Thomleys preparing the fleet.
65782.jpg

Art brought the lovely Plow Special
65783.jpg

... and a rather tempermental Deere.
ihrotate.gif
err.gif

65784.jpg

Wow, lots of room to play errr plow that is.
65785.jpg

I'm not sure I saw a rock all day.
65786.jpg

Vince Thomley
65787.jpg

and his dad Ron Thomley
65788.jpg

The view from the seat.
65789.jpg

And my first try at the onboard tractor cam. This looked a lot better before YouTube cut the resolution down...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVUOLneq11U

-Bri

Before you guys go thinking Vince Thomley is "Mr. <font color="ff0000">I</font>H" because of the picture Brian just posted of him and his family unloading all of their cubs at Plow Day, here he is loving life on the 140.

65792.jpg

Shortly after this picture was taken, he broke it...
bash.gif
bazooka.gif
flame.gif
rant.gif
shame.gif
thumbdown.gif

Rumor has it he mows his yard with a <font color="ff0000">Toro</font>!
screwloose.gif

This was my first time plowing, and I wasn't disappointed. In fact I had a strange urge for a cigarette afterwards, and I've never smoked! Anyway, thanks to Vince Thomley for the tires & rims, and for adjusting my plow for me. The only low point in the whole day was when my truck gave up the ghost on the way home. You really hate to see this:

65856.jpg

But even having to replace my truck engine didn't ruin the fun of that day!

Greg, sorry to hear about your truck! What exactly happened to it?

Boy is KENtucky gonna have fun with you, he doesn't like Fords.....

All, if you took photos at Plow Day I would like your photos for the Photo Collection CDs!! As usual if you submit photos for me to use you get a free copy of the Photo Collection CDs! TIA
happy.gif

Kraig - I know Ken doesn't like Fords, but everyone is entitled to one fault.
roflol.gif

Actually, any brand truck would have responded the same if maltreated like I did mine. I was on my way home, only about 10 miles from Montrose, still on my "plowing high" and enjoying the great day with the windows down and radio up. Then, above the wind noise, I heard a clattering sound. Taking my foot off the accelerator pedal and hearing the noise stop, I immediately knew I had problems. I'm just a friggin' genius, huh? Anyway, a glance at the oil guage showed good pressure, but the temp guage was pegged to the hot side. Not sure what all got smoked, but for sure the bearings and likely a piston. Bottom line it would cost over $2k to have rebuilt (since I'm not a mechanic and my brother who is will only work on Chevys!). I found a good used engine at the salvage yard with a 90 day warranty, so should have the truck back in service next week for just under $1k.

I had at least a thousand dollars worth of fun plowing, though, so technically it's a wash, right?

By the way, I also own a Chevy Trailblazer - do I get any points for that, Kentuck?

Nice pic of me on the JD 140.... I should have been holding up the $20 he paid me to drive this. It plowed very nice the little bit I drove it.

Lip,
I am glad you had fun, tough luck on the drive home though...

I 'll see if I have some nice pics to post when I get my camera back from my brother, (the one with the movie star son on his lap in the WCCO video).

Thank you to all the who organized and made this event a huge success !!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PLOW DAY AT MONTROSE! Vince, thanks for letting me know about the event. I had never been to a plow day before. it was really fun to meet so many Cub Cadet guys. Everyone sure made me feel welcome and thanks for the interst and kind words on my 1650-4. Are there any more events in the uppermidwest this fall? winter?
thanks all. Darryl

Darryl S. You should have no problem getting jobs pulling ice fishing houses on and off the lakes this year. With all the rubber you have on it you probably can ride on water now.
yikes.gif

By the way, I saw your rig and you did a nice job!!

Did anyone else besides Lonny B. and Dave T. take photos that they are willing to send to me for the Photo Collection CDs?
dunno.gif
If you send me photos to use on the CDs you get a <blink>FREE</blink> copy of the Photo Collection CDs!

Kraig, I have a bunch I'll send to ya this evening. DSL had been down, now working... and hadnt been able to send from work. Jeff.

Jeff, great!
happy.gif
please send them in several batches rather then one BIG email, I don't want this:
pcwhack.gif

Here are some pics from PD14. The day was wonderful, there were a bunch of nice people there! Thanks again to our hosts!
The Plow Special, very nice !!!
66207.jpg

Andy Van Wettering, nice 782D
66208.jpg

Brian Albrecht, nice guy!
66209.jpg

Greg Lippert, nice 782, nice Ags...
66210.jpg

Lonny Buttke, nice smile
66211.jpg

Nice JD 140
66212.jpg

The Parade, nice
66213.jpg

Terry Busch, My brother Mike w/his son Nolan, my nephew Brett, and my son Andrew - All nice
66214.jpg

For as tired as the ole 12hp motor in the 72 is, she sure plowed nice.
Only acted up once when a pice of carbon got up into the plug causeing a miss fire for a little while earlyer in the day.

Just wanted to update you all on the progress of the Plow Day video and Photo collection. I've been trying to get caught up on fall projects and have not had much time to spend on getting the video done. I have my video all captured to the PC and have a DVD of that finished up. I had 2.3GIG worth of video clips submitted by Chad Eckman that I hope to put on a second video DVD if I can get the files to play well with my software. So far I'm getting errors. I hope to find some time this weekend to resolve this. If that goes well I should have things wrapped up and ordering details out soon. Thank you for your patience.
happy.gif

PLOW DAY VIDEO update... We have success! I was able to get the video clips from Chad converted.
buttrock.gif

Watch for ordering information next week in the Classified section of the forum. I'll need to get the free copies of the Photo Collection out to those of you that submitted photos ASAP too. Thank you all for your patience.
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back