• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Erie Michigan Plow Day July 13-14 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasmith

displayname
Kurt Smith
A friend and I are hosting a plow day this summer at one of my parents farms. It will be in Erie Michigan, on July, 13, from 6 pm to 8:30pm, and 14th, from 8 am to 4 pm.

We'll have a over 50 acres to turn. It will be wheat stubble that will be bailed, or chopped before we plow it. Most of the ground is sandy, and is very easy plowing.

The field is about 3.5 miles off I-75, very easy to get to. The address across the street from the field is...
1605 Lakeside Rd,
Erie, MI 48133

The road is kind of weird, it has 4 different names depending on what cross road you are at...
Luna Pier Rd, Lakeside Rd, M-151, Samaria Rd...

It will be open to any make of garden tractor, I'm not going to open it up to big tractors because the field wouldn't take very long to finish with large equipment.

I'll rent a port a pot, and we'll have a couple of coolers of water. Everyone would be responsible for their own food.

Since this is my parent's property I'd like to have no alcohol.

I should have 2 of my latest and coolest "Little Tractors" there. An all wheel drive diesel IH 1206, and a turbo charged diesel 1066 pulling tractor replica.

Thanks, Kurt

[email protected]
235417.jpg

Just wanted to post something that you'll see there...

239242.jpg

This is my new show tractor, it really is AWD, and it has a 2 cylinder diesel. I may have duals on it by the time the plow day happens...

Learn more about it on the website...
www.TheLittleTractorCo.blogspot.com

I'll also have another customer's machine done by then. It will be an IH 1066... it will be a turbocharged diesel "pulling tractor replica." It won't be set up to pull anything, it's built on a Cub Cadet 782D which is a hydro. It's only for show, but man it's going to sparkle!

Looking forward to the weekend.
Kurt

Kurt: I really like the red moon hubcaps, they look great! Were they original to the tractor, or were you able to purchase them un-painted, or did you have to prep & paint chrome Moon-caps?

Just curious. . .

Thanks everyone, this one is my favorite so far now. The hub caps are actually the rear hub cap for a semi-truck's drive axle. The chrome cap covers just the hub of the drive axle. I sanded them the best I could, and painted them.

The 1206 AWD had a red dish that covered the planetary drive of the axle and this was the best I could come up with to replicate it.

This chassis pulls like a tank. It really is a lot of fun to drive. I hope to have a 3 bottom pull type plow built in time for the plow day to use with it. I don't know if it's going to happen though. I'm putting that on hold until I get the "pulling tractor" done and out of the way.

Kurt

Well 9 more days till plow day but whose counting LOL. Well Kurt is busy finishing up his latest master piece so I stopped by the plow field today and took some pictures. The wheat is off the field and ready to go.

<font size="+1">For anyone that was there last year they also got the straw all off the field as well. So the issues we had last year with plugging up shouldn't happen this year.</font>

241016.jpg

241017.jpg

I was waiting for some parts from the chrome shop for the Pro Stock mini tractor. So I started setting the field up.

241381.jpg

The ground was quite hard, it made the 4x4 work... I built this plow this morning out of 2 6" David Bradley plows. It seemed to work well.

241382.jpg

I don't think we'll have issues plugging up this year. We'll have problems getting the plows in the ground, and once their in, they are going to act like anchors.

Kurt, It never gets old, you just keep popping them out. Can we see the other side and the rear? The coolest part about the 4X is your using it. nice
happy.gif

Well the final numbers are in we had 36 people Registered and 44 Tractors.

Yet another good year even though Mother nature didn't bless us with any rain we still had a good time.

Thanks to Kurt Smith and his family for hosting this plow day yet another year.

If anyone took any pictures at plow day please email them to me and I will add them to the web link below. Thanks

For More Plow Day Pictures Click Here

241563.jpg

241564.jpg

241565.jpg

241566.jpg

Back