• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Ever heard of an Electric Garden Tractor??

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyler--Retail price on the New Idea Electric garden tractors was approximately the same price as cub cadets. If my memory serves me right, they advertise that you could mow the average yard at a cost of 19 cents worth of fuel (electricity to charge batteries). I'll see if my son Steve will scan some pictures from the repair manuels sometime during the holidays. They were bittersweet orange on the bottom with cream hood and wheels. They had six 6 volt golf cart batteries hooked in series for 36 volts. The smaller units like the one pictured used three 12 volt batteries. Tractor pullers would use the 12 volt batteries so they could run 36, 48, or 60 volts. The tractors would do over 30 mph down the road with 60 volts.

Check the pic bar across the top of the site I linked below...they have photos, manuals, scans, forum, the whole works........if it's about a GE Elec-Trak, they have it on this site.....

Merry Christmas to All.

For some strange reason of which I won't complain my computer is working halfway decent today.

The talk of the GE electric garden reminds me of the one (maybe two... mind fails there) in Boone, Iowa by an old service station now small car repair shop. Last time I saw it (this summer)it looked as if they were still using it now and then. I'd stop and ask about getting it only I couldn't keep it anyway.

On a Lennox Kittytrac. If anyone is ever in Marshalltown, Iowa the Lennox company museum has a nicely restored one. A gentleman (now retired) has one and still uses it for blading his hog floors. Seems those tracks didn't take too well on lawns. Now one of those I would keep if I found one reasonable enough.

Somebody mention Oliver garden tractors? This one showed up at one of the Fayetteville shows this past spring.
24447.jpg

These were made for Oliver by Jacobsen, who also made garden tractors for Ford and Minneapolis-Moline.

Well speak of the devil, I just got my current Little G newsletter and what's featured? The New Idea EGT-120 and EGT-150.

Seems they had the usual compliment of garden tractor accessories, but they had a few that you don't see on a gas powered garden tractor, like an inverter, DC arc welder, electric chain saw, weeder hoe, lawn edger/trimmer, hedge trimmer...

Anyone wanting copies should contact Mary Herbers at Little G - [email protected].

(Message edited by bmcmeen on December 31, 2004)

Back