• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Electrical problem on 1211

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbollis

displayname
joe bollis
Well I went to get the 1211 ready for plowing today and it wouldnt start. The seleniod would just click one time and nothing. Tried to jump it ,same thing.
I swapped the seleniod for one off of a running tractor so I know it is good . It wont even click. Noticed the lights werent working so I swapped the key switch with one off of the same running tractor ,nothing.
So I jumped the starter and it turned over. Then I jumped the 2 big posts on the seleniod and it will turn over and start. When started it runs fine ,every thing works but the lights,and the charging meter. Oh and the key swich doesent work .I cant turn it of ,I have to pull the plug wire.
So doese anyone have any ideas on what is wrong.

thanks joe

sorry I have worked way to many hours in the last 3 days. Does this have an amp meter? I've seen them go bad and cause some goofy stuff. but it wouldn't explain not being able to shut it off.

Joe B. If you go to the FAQs and then to the second batch (Charlies FAQs), go down to #60 which lists wire diagrams. There is one for a 1200, not sure if its the same as a 1200. But it should give you some ideas. Since you swapped the ignition sw. I have to wonder if you have a couple wires shorted some where since the ig.sw. removes the 12v to the coil. (If I'm using the proper diagram).

Ok i did some testing with the the test light. I have power to and from the fuse . I have power to the amp meter but not out . Don't know if there should be power out though ? The amp meter shows no draw when key is turned, so i assume something is not telling the seleniod to send power. And I have power to one post on the key switch.

Here's the schematics. Note that they are different based on SN, so you'll want to check the SN of your Cub.

179692.jpg

179693.jpg

Joe try jumping across that amp meter if everything works thats the problem. Have a nice day.
happy.gif

Thanks guys , i will do some more playing tuesday night and see what i find.

ok ,so this is what i found tonight. I have power from battery to selenoid.
I have power from selenoid to starter.
I have power from selenoid to charge indicator.
I have power from charge indicator to post B on key switch.
I dont have power at post S on the key switch. I think I should

So I have 2 questions . How doese the selenoid ground ,and how do I check it ? And if that is not the problem ,could I jump the red wire that is supposed to go to the brake and pto switch dirrectly to post S on the key switch ? Thus bypassing all the saftey stuff.

Oh I have the bottom model 757,000 and above

THANKS JOE

Turned out it was a bad seleniod. And I found a burned off wire in the key switch connecter,that inturn did something to key switch itself. So with a new conecter,key switch and seleniod she is starting and shutting off fine now

thanks for the help ,hope I can do so in return sometime.
joe

Latest posts

Back