• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Electric pto on lt 1042

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnicholson

displayname
charles nicholson
after mowing for about 35 to40 minutes,pto drops off causing blades to stop.

Charles,

What is the condition of the batter and charging system on this tractor? Does the gauge show a charge or discharge while the tractor is running, and with the mower running? Does it start on its own or do you have to jump start it? If it has lights, are them dim if you turn them on when the PTO stops? The PTO draws a good deal of power when it is running, if you have a weak battery or it is not charging it will not be able to supply enough current to keep the PTO engaged. I have a 1450 and with the tractor running the needle over toward the C on the gauge, with the PTO on it is closer to straight up and down, but still toward the C side....

Scott

I had the same prob with mine and found out it was a faulty ground, that was after CC put in a new pto, and battery under warranty...hope it helps.

I had similar trouble with my PTO on my 982. Turned out to be nasty wiring. I rebuilt most of the harness and haven't had trouble since. I guess we all think it's an electrical issue of some sort.

-everettdale

Back