• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Early cadet 76

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhoekema

displayname
Loren Hoekema
I have an 80 Cadet that needs a mower deck and a few other pieces. (also have a 1650 and a 107 for serious use) I would like to fix it up for some lot mowing in town. I have a chance to buy a 76 with no engine which looks like it has the pieces that I need, But it looks different especially in the grill and front. Were the early 76's different and do parts like the mower deck, deck drive, and controls interchange?

Loren H: Look different? How? They are basically the same machine..the gear drive Cadet Model 76 has a 7hp engine and the Hydrostatic drive Cadet Model 80 has an 8hp engine...The hood and grille assy for both models use the same part number!!

A photo of each showing what is different would surely help us answer your question..

MyronB
CCSupply Room

Myron,
I have not seen the 76 in person. I am going to look at it on Wed. The fellow sent one side picture of it and the lower part of the grill looked a lot thinner than what I am used to in the front to back dimension and only showed one fastener down by the frame instead of the two that I see on my 80. I am kind of new to the Cadet lawn tractors so am just trying to become a little more knowledgable on them. I will take some pictures when I see it and try to post them.

Thanks for the reply,
Loren

Latest posts

Back