• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

Dry geared features on my *Original*. Seeking service info.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

Todd

IHCC Supporter
In pushing my Cub, I noticed the tell-tale sounds of at least significantly low lube in the rear end.

I looked at the posted manuals and FAQs but must have passed over the pertinent info.

I would like the definitive level-checking for the creeper and rear-end as well as respective lubricants, please.

Regards, Todd.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
In pushing my Cub, I noticed the tell-tale sounds of at least significantly low lube in the rear end.

I looked at the posted manuals and FAQs but must have passed over the pertinent info.

I would like the definitive level-checking for the creeper and rear-end as well as respective lubricants, please.

Regards, Todd.
There's a plug on the side of the creeper, remove it, fill till it runs out and your done.
The manual says 10Wt or Hy-Tran for the fluid. The rear cover has a plug as well, remove it, fill thru the same hole till it runs out and ytour done again. 30 wt. or Hytran for the rear, or anything you have handy. Gear drives don't care as long as it's slippery.

Todd

IHCC Supporter
There's a plug on the side of the creeper, remove it, fill till it runs out and your done.
The manual says 10Wt or Hy-Tran for the fluid. The rear cover has a plug as well, remove it, fill thru the same hole till it runs out and ytour done again. 30 wt. or Hytran for the rear, or anything you have handy. Gear drives don't care as long as it's slippery.
Top them off to the bottom of the fill/check hole... got it, thanks. Common sense and experience leans that way but further experiences have taught me to not assume.

Nice to hear that the fluids are standards as well. Not surprising but still happy to hear it.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Can't wait for Hydro Harry to read that last sentence - The correct police will send out an APB.... rotflmao! :cubwinker::errrr::beer_chug:

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Can't wait for Hydro Harry to read that last sentence - The correct police will send out an APB.... rotflmao! :cubwinker::errrr::beer_chug:
1663782489389.png