• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Drill Press Repair help needed

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45's are great for curing a lot of problems ... works real good for stopped up , overflowing gutters ;)

Fixes overflowing gutters! I gotta get me one of those things!
err.gif

Depends which kind of finished product you want...Some sort of water guide or extra wide fertilizer spreader. His would be good in a industrial application.

Ken, I got the new arbor, are you still up for doing the machine work? If so, please email me your address, and I'll send the parts out. Thanks again!

Christopher - Got the parts today. I just about think the bearing is the trouble with the runout. It wiggles side to side within itself. (<font color="0000ff">as per your July 01, 2007 - 07:59 pm: posting</font>) I've got everything soaking to get the crud off. I'll mic it later tonight to see how the arbor O.D. checks with the quill inner shaft I.D.

Hmmm. I thought the bearing was ok, but I'll get some new ones on order. They are actually metric bearings, 20mm ID and 42mm OD. It makes me doubt that the drill press is really a Rockwell, as I was told.

The arbor definitely wobbled in the quill inner shaft, so I think that will have to be replaced, and the ID of the quill shaft cleaned up.

Back