• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dave S. Cub Cadet 70 August 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Here we go!!
Going to need a little attention in the clutch/driveshaft dept.I did manage to get it to fire yesterday. This after finding a coil, plug and wire and cleaning the points.
The S/G is OK, spins fine.]I gave the cumbustion chamber a liberal shot of MMO and spun it over a few times once I got the S/G hooked up til it puked out the muffler.
Got compression now and a little carb cleaner and he fired right up for a couple revs.
Carb is in the can soaking and awaiting a carb kit.

321820.jpg

321821.jpg

321822.jpg

321823.jpg

321824.jpg

321825.jpg

Looks like someone sprung for a new clutch return spring, huh?

321831.jpg

Water dripping from out of the steering column. this can't be good!
321832.jpg

Quite a bit of wear on the drive shaft where the T/O bearing lives
321833.jpg

PO fix on the clutch hanger
321834.jpg

David,

Those tires look salvageable. Save that muffler, it looks OEM. Steering wheel looks good too.
Nice find with lights, creeper, and rear lift!
thumbsup.gif

Hey David - if you're worried about the CORRECT POLICE
correct police.gif
you're gonna have to swap that PTO clutch. It's got a wide frame style and actually looks pretty good too.

Hydro-

Just curious...where do you see a "wide frame style" PTO clutch?

Good progress David. And just think, when you finish with this one there'll be another waiting in the wings.

Wayne, it's on one of the pictures that I can't get to display on my end.
And....he is correct in that matter.
Not to worry, I have another one to put in it's place!!
I think I have just found my next/this winter project.

David, Wayne, if you reload the page a few times it might show up.

A hint to anyone posting photos is to give the image a name, that way if the photo does not load at least the name does and people (especially me) can see that there is an additional photo... I use numbers, so for example, if I'm posting three photos I number them 1, 2, and 3.

I've found that if I right-click on the little dot where there should be a picture I get a prompt that says "show picture".
happy.gif

Wayne - ole Eagle Eye here. Just trying to out run the Correct Police.
biggrin.gif

Frank - who would'a thunk that???
Right click on the little box where the picture should be and you get a prompt that says "Show Picture".
WAA-LAAAAA - it actually works.

I see the tie rod end is bolted to the top side of the steering spindle cap. Should be inserted and bolted into the bottom side of it. Correct?

Looking for pressure spring for pto clutch for my newly acquired 125. Part # says NA but gives an order #7593490 not sure what that means

Glen,

Look at the top of the page and click on CC Specialties.
He has what you need, and you will get it fast!
thumbsup.gif

Glen, that's the part number for the kit that includes the spring plus everything else you need to rebuild the PTO.
You need the one that has the bent down ears on the spring, correct??

If I can figure out how to post pixs I would have included a pix of the spring. I didn't know if I am even on the right thread. But it is the three arm spring with a small bent tab at the end of each arm

If I can figure out how to post pixs I would have included a pix of the spring. I didn't know if I am even on the right thread. But it is the three arm spring with a small bent tab at the end of each arm. I looked in cc specialties and the number is ng even dubbed checked the #

Trying to send picture .tells me I have to shrink the picture but I can't

Glen,

You need kit style "B" for your pto. Part # 759-3490.
It is the second kit down, with the red background.

Back