Cubs as Art, Show your wall art here.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeem

I was playing around with some graphics programs tonight trying to extract some DXF images for CNC plasma cuting.
Here is a screen-shot of my in progress work from art scanned from my Original cardboard box.

233418.jpg

This one's a plasma version that is nearly finished.
233419.jpg

Update in what seems to be my very own thread.

I cleaned up the artwork originaly (pun intended) from my cardboard box. I added the wheel weights and made some plasma cutter friendly mods. I couple more little tweeks and the file will be ready to go. Size is 12 x 18".

249207.jpg

249208.jpg

249209.jpg

Rick: Very nice!! Lovin' the wheel weights! Wishing you sweet dreams of a 149 with wheel weights and a starter generator!
happy.gif

Rick - great work - what are you using for the CNC table?

Gerry,
I'm using a Torchmate 2*2.
Thanks guys, Ooh a 149 would be sweet, Hey this only took me a year....maybe next year.

Rick:
I looked into it about ten years ago as a retirement business ( yard art was big then) and actually had work potentials for a large steel fabrication company doing small pieces that cost them too much to set up. I bought the video from Plasmacam and still get literature from them. Biggest problem I had was workspace (this was before I built the 1800 sq. ft barn) that could be dedicated to the cutting room, as I knew how dirty plasma cutting can be from the 20 amp one that I've got.. I even had material handling figured out ( overhead rail, magnetic clamps) and the dust control system (water box under the unit and shrouding around it, with a ventilation system pointed at the neighbors ). I finally decided that the investment (I figured 12 K)was too high for potential payback and dropped it.

Then a couple of years ago, my buddy Don took over full ownership of a 4x8 TorchMate system that he'd owned half of but never used. This was apparently a pre-production unit with really sloppy wiring and a whole bunch of issues. I'm sure that the regular production models look a whole lot better. I got it up and running, got the height control straightened out on it, cleaned up the 'puter and got that running right. The Hypertherm unit (50 amp IIRC) was the best part of it, but I couldn't believe how cobbled the hand torch mounting was and converted it to a machine torch that came with it. By this time, Don had decided that the welding shop wouldn't be the ideal place for the unit as there was no water tray or other dust control, so we put it on Ebay - it sold the first day for $4500.00 . I'd still like to play with one, but until I can find somebody to buy a unit and house it in it's own shop, I'll keep cutting stuff with templates
err.gif

Gerry,

The production model we have is "hobby" grade for sure. I've had to do a ton of shimming and tweaking to get everything to run true and without binding. It works as intended for the 1-4 parts per month for custom projects. We got it right before they jacked the price by $1000 and was a hell of a bargain. It would die trying to do production. I second your vote on the Mickey Mouse hand torch holder. It works....but not very well thought out.

Latest posts

Back