• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Loboy 154

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremiah, I'd go after it for that price. I would probably try and get it for 24, 25....

Obviously, after hearing it run and drive, hydraulics work etc. Small tractor with a loader has got to be worth that..

Jeremiah, two similer 154's are for sale in my area for $1500 with mowing deck and $2400 with mowing deck,front push blade,and rear 3 point.

Just a reference point

Jeremiah,
I kinda' think the price is one the high side. The Cub's and 154 are kinda' gutless. You might have more caicity with the larger machine but don't expect much on the PTO hp.

Jeremiah C.
IF the clutch has been replaced in the last 10 years, Jump on it. If not, tell them it's gonna take 800+ to fix and you'll give him 2K.

BELIEVE ME!
That's not a job you want to tackle!
I'd rather split my 1066 twice, than do a 154!

Just obligated myself to removing a Model 154 Lo-boy from a friend's property. Serial number designates it as built in 1974. It has a front end loader, 3-pt hitch and PTO. Has been sitting out in the weather for many years, LOTS of rust. Tried to start it today by hooking up the battery leads to jumpers to my car, a red light on its 'dash' flashes but it doesn't turn over (surprise, surprise) with the screwdriver provided as a key. Problem: I am totally unfamiliar with this tractor, there are no manuals, and the labels for everything on the dash is worn off or painted over. Has anyone posted a photo on this forum that would identify the controls for me? Tricks for starting, troubleshooting the starting of this? Which particular operating/service/owners manuals would be needed for this model/year?

Sandra H.
254046.jpg

I just bought my first cub loboy and wanted to see where I can get a belt that goes on back of pulley on the back of cub and down to deck.its a long belt.tryed tractor supply and they didn't have one.thanks for any help.btw new here and wanted to say hi.

I need some help. I have a 154 Cub Lo Boy that I have sort of inherited. Long story on the circumstances anyway I will come right to the point. This Lo Boy had a Zenith Carburetor instead of the IH Carb. It was in pretty rough shape so I found another one on the internet. I got it shipped and to my surprise choke shaft is broken off on the side where the arm that the choke cable hooks into. It is supposed to be threaded on the end and the arm slips over the shaft and is held on by whatever means and a nut and washer go over the arm on the end of the shaft. The number on the carb is 13734 and the IH number is 71523C-92. The carburetor as a whole is in good shape with new gaskets it just has this one problem and I would really love to get this tractor going to mow my lawn.

Need help.i parked my 154 3 days ago and today when I tryed to start it.It wouldn't even turn over.i thought maybe the battery so I bought a new one and still won't even turn.up to 3 days ago would start every time.i did put a new belt on it today'
.it was out of the barn so did get wet.would that have anything to do with the problem.

Tom,I checked it and its tight.i might try cleaning the connection .it might have gotten wet.

I bought a 70 154 with a 1050 loader a48 belly mower 3 point with creeper for 2200 did ok some one put a funky clutch in it. Sold it last year still have my 73 154 3260 creeper an 3 point.

Latest posts

Back