• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet L71045

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpatrisian

displayname
joe patrisian
While mowing my L71045 stopped propelling. The engine will run but it will not go forward or backward. the belt is fine.

Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe, I couldn't find your model in parts lookup, but if the engine in horizontally mounted with a drive shaft to the transmission, I would check to see that it is turning when the tractor is in gear. If the motor's crankshaft is vertical to ground, then you may have broken a belt.

Just a thought.

Joe,
Is your tractor an LT1045? If so, it is a belt drive model. How many hours does it have on it? If the belt appears to be in good shape and there seems to be tension on it, the problem is likely in the rear end. Watch the pulleys while the engine is running and make sure the rear input shaft pulley is running. Also make sure that the "free wheeling" disconnect rod is in and not out. If that rod (located on the rear axle housing) is out the tractor will not move.

Latest posts

Back