• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 2182 questions from new member

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwatson

displayname
Robert Watson
I have just bought a like new 2182. I am well pleased with the way it runs and handles. However there is one small problem, it will not cut grass. The blades engage and work fine will I am in thin grass, but when I hid thick grass the blades stop, the drive belt burns and comes off. I put a new belt on but the same thing. Is there any way to increase the tension other than the tension of the spring? I do not have a manual yet so I am asking for some help.

This is my first Cub Cadet. What are some of the good points of the 2182? And yes, what are some of the weak points to look out for.

Thanks for the help I have already received from going through your archives.

Bob Watson
Demorest, GA

I've been hearing that exact same thing from other guys and it seems that there is a mulching plate/attachment on those decks that's causing a few problems.
Does yours have one?
Also, there was one guy that had his belt way to tight.
ONe more thing, if you have/had a belt that has been HOT/Spun/rolled or just wore out, it will never run true with the pulleys, especially if the deck is a little out of alignment.
Check and make sure that everything LOOKS straight and true and let us know what ya find.

I have found my problem, I think. After finally getting an owner’s manual I found that the tension rod was missing. That is why I could not find a way to adjust the tension. My dealer is ordering me a new one. Someone emailed me asking what deck I had. I have no idea. There are no markings on the deck that I have been able to find. The seller told me it was a commercial deck, whatever that means. The standard belts and blades for the CC deck for this serial number tractor seem to fit. All I know it is built like a tank. I will try to upload a picture of the tractor and deck and see it anyone knows what I have. Thanks for your interest.

Bob
28912.jpg

If that beauty is yours,that is a 60" deck which was supplied by Haban Mfg to Cub Cadet. get those manuals from a sponsor or your dealer and you will like that even more! Great machines!! I nearly picked one up awhile ago but a divorce got in my way,sheez,bad timing;womenz come and go but a 2182 is a tough find!!

Jim -
Yes that little beauty is mine. But I hate to say that it is not as pretty now as it was then. On the way home the wind got under the hood and ripped the hood a front end off and slammed them up against the tailgate. I have pieced it back to gather but it does not look as good as this picture taken before I bought it.

Thanks for encouraging me by saying that it is a good find. I was about to get discouraged. This is my first hydrostatic drive and right now I think it will be my last. I am old and grouchy and it takes me a while to adapt to anything new.

Digger -
Thank you for your interest. I have all of my belt & mowing problems solved. Now all I have to do is slow it down so I can stay in the seat.

Bob
animatedIHbear.gif

Latest posts

Back