• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Confused on Transmission / Hydro Fluid change....IH CC 782

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbertalotto

displayname
Rberrtalotto
I find all kinds of conflicting info on how to drain and refill the transmission / hydro in my 782. I read where you need to remove the differential cover....and that the fluid is so thick it takes hours to refill. I bought the Cub Cadet HiTran fluid from one of the sponsors here. It is like ATF fluid and not thick at all. As you can see in the pictures, I have a slight leak. I think it is the filter so I want to drain, replace filter, and refill ASAP.

#1) Are there two separate units? A transmission and a Hydro circuit?

#2) Is this a drain? And what does it drain?

IMG_20200502_124036218_LI.jpg

#3) Is this another drain? And what does it drain?

IMG_20200502_124058329_LI.jpg

#4) This says "Trans Fluid".....Is this also the Hudro fluid fill?

IMG_20200502_124730935_LI.jpg

#5) is there a separate reservoir for the Hydro Fluid?

Thanks in advance!

Go to the manuals section. You should find what you are looking for there. The other guys will also be able to help you when they come back inside! LOL

Well, I screwed up! Somehow, somewhere, I thought the transmission took 1 gallon of HyTran fluid so that is what I ordered from the vendor......

I drained the transmission, changed the filter with a CC filter and used a hand pump to pump in the gallon of fluid through the dipstick hole. Which BTW, went very smoothly. No spills. Three pumps and then "burp", three more, Burp, repeat.....

71NkByh4XOL__AC_SL1500_-vi.jpg

But when I checked the dip stick, Nothing showed. I reread the capacity specs and it takes 1.7 gallons! Duh!

Now I need to wait until Monday AM to buy another gallon locally (40 miles away is my LOCAL CC dealer). It appears I could buy Tractor Supply fluid and their FAQ clearly states it can be mixed with HyTran.....But one day and a nice ride won't kill me.

Back