• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CCC 680 Brinly setup

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgruber

displayname
Mike Gruber
Does anyone know if there is there a lower U bracket for an aluminum 680 trans? Ser# is 732465.

It has 5 mounting holes instead of the regular 3 for wide frames.
I have the rest of the brinly setup, I just need the bottom U bracket.

Would like to hook my plow to the rear.

I think you can get ahold of one that's been fabbed but they were meant for the cast rear. If you use one on yours you'll need to connect it to the frame somehow for added strength/durability.

I was looking for a way to mount my sleeve hitch to my 1606 (582) with the aluminum 3 spd trans.
From what I can tell, the only factory hitch supported for direct mounting to my tractor is a 3 point (the 388), after which you can use a sleeve hitch adapter. Other than that I think a custom plate would need to be made similar to the 3 pt plate.
The whole deal was more complicated for my tractor than I had hoped...
150802.jpg

I credit this picture to the person selling them on ebay whose ID I can't recall right now.

Jeff, that looks like Aaron Schmidt's handy work. Aaron is a forum sponsor, click on the Xtreme Motor Works link at the top of the page, Aaron has all sorts of custom Cub Cadet accessories. Can't hurt to email him and ask, perhaps he hasn't thought of that part. He does make a lower hitch for the old cast rear ends that has extra mounting points that go forward to the axles, perhaps he can make a modified version of that for the aluminum rear ends. Again, can't hurt to ask...

Here's a photo of Aaron's lower hitch that I stole from his website.

150804.jpg

That is a pretty nice simple setup. Similar to what I was thinking though I would probably like to see some extra mount points so as not to stress the aluminum housing.
I might have to hit him up with some questions later... I've got some work to do before it rains.
Thank you for your help.

Kraig...That won't work on an a Cast Aluminum differential found on CCC Model 680's...Works good on those IH Cast Iron differentials though...

Myron

Hey guys, just got home and doing some reading updates. Those are both my products and the xtreme lower hitch is now universal for aluminum and cast iron rear ends. I havent tried to put a 3 point on a 382 yet - email me is you have any other questions and I will see if i can help you out.

Aaron,
That sounds great. Could you post a picture? Just more bolt holes?

Jeff, Sorry I didnt get to this earlier - was a busy weekend as usual. The Xtreme hitch is universal by adding a couple extra holes and slots. It will fit a aluminum rear end or a cast iron rear end. I dont have any made up and cant find the picture that I sent to another guy in an email. I will try to make one up tomorrow and take a pic of it. Thanks

Back