• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC original will not charge battery

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmburge

displayname
jason m burge
I have a CC Original I've been using for about 7 years. Ever since I bought it it has not charged properly. It will run for about 2 hours then dies. I instaled a voltage gauge a couple years ago to monitor this problem. From what I can see it slowly looses voltage, about 1 volt every 15 minuets. I've tryed running a ground cable from the starter to the negitive post on the battery, but that didn't seem to help much. I also had the SG rebuilt last summer, thinking that might be the problem. Well that worked for a few weeks, then I started loosing voltage again. Does anybody have any idea what might be wrong with it?
Thanks for your help.

Check to see if you have 12 to 14 volts at the battery with the motor running. If not either your V/R is bad or the S/G went south again.

OH and this question does belong over in the main part of the forum.

Lonny B thanks for the advice. I checked at the battery with the motor running. I have about 7- 8 volts getting to the battery. I'll check the VR.
Thanks

Jason B:

1) The Original model Cub Cadet is a GARDEN Tractor, NOT a lawn mower!! As previously stated, this inquiry belongs in the Garden Tractor section (the first one at the top of the page)!! That a Garden Tractor has a belly mower on it, does not make it a lawn mower.

2) Did you bother to run a 14 gauge ground wire from the grounding foot of the Voltage Regulator to the negative terminal of the battery (you know, the foot with the little ole twisted ground wire going to it)?? It has to have just as good a ground circuit as the starter!!

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron
Nope I didn't see a ground wire running from that part of the VR.

Sorry about the mix up on where to post questions about my "o". I'll post them in the garden tractor section for now on. Thanks for the help

Back