• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 782 transmission drive shaft fan????

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbertalotto

displayname
Rberrtalotto
My recent purchase IH CC 782 was finally pressure washed.

It appears there should be a plastic fan in the drive shaft to cool the transmission. The fan on this tractor was destroyed

IMG_20200425_074127771.jpg

How important is this fan if I'm pulling a York Rake or pushing gravel around?

Can I simply use a 12V computer fan instead? Looks like it might be a bit involved replacing this fan....?

It's very important to the service-life of the trans. Especially, if you are going to work your tractor.
They are available... someone here will be able to help on "where" to get one.

The plastic fans on those can slide on the driveshaft and self destruct as that one did. You'll have to remove the driveshaft to slide a new one on. I'm sure there's someone on here that has had one running without the fan that can comment about it. I bet there's quite a few like that where the fan broke and people don't even know it. If you can keep the hydro clean it's probably not as important to have the fan. CC Specialties has them in stock.

I found one....$32 !!!!! For a little plastic fan? I'll take one out of an old dehumidifier and adapt it. :unsure:

You should be glad you can still get parts for a 40 year old tractor.

You are missing one flex coupling at the transmission...there are supposed to be two rubber discs in a 782 at both ends. Also a good time to check on the condition of the couplers and ball bushings at either end of the driveshaft, and replace them if they are worn.

My tractor has those flex couplings.....They are in the picture I posted above. There are two washers on each end that look like they are made out of conveyor belt material.

Those fans are VERY important. If you look at the sponsor CC Specialties at the top of the page, they have the correct fan for $18.44. Digger is great to work with, and I am sure you can find other parts you may need. The part is on the Clutch, Driveline & Rear End page on the site. Look about 3/4 of the way down or you could do a search on the page for PN/ IH-135369-C1 Use 931-3009 .

So get this....When I bought this tractor a couple weeks ago, the seller gave me a box of "extra parts" for free. I just this morning opened it to see what was inside.
In the box I find:
A brand new starter in the box with an invoice for $265
A brand new set of tire chains with a tag on them of $75
Four brand new hydraulic check valves
Two new fuse holders
A used but in good condition steering column
A used but looks good PTO clutch
A new, unopened assortment case of Nytril o-rings
AND.....
A NEW Transmission fan!!!!!

He also gave me a brand new heavy duty Broyhill Electric actuator with the control box that I researched and it sells for $565.......

My total purchase price for the CC 782 with plow and all this stuff was $500!

"Some times you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you!"

So get this....When I bought this tractor a couple weeks ago, the seller gave me a box of "extra parts" for free. I just this morning opened it to see what was inside.
In the box I find:
A brand new starter in the box with an invoice for $265
A brand new set of tire chains with a tag on them of $75
Four brand new hydraulic check valves
Two new fuse holders
A used but in good condition steering column
A used but looks good PTO clutch
A new, unopened assortment case of Nytril o-rings
AND.....
A NEW Transmission fan!!!!!

He also gave me a brand new heavy duty Broyhill Electric actuator with the control box that I researched and it sells for $565.......

My total purchase price for the CC 782 with plow and all this stuff was $500!

"Some times you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you!"
Wow, that's quite a jackpot! Congrats!

Latest posts

Back