• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cast iron rearend in a 882D, or 782 Diesel?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmarkle

displayname
Todd Markle (Farmallgray)
I'm sure this has been done on 782Ds and 882s etc. I have been told that the fuel tank will hit the top of the transaxle where the 4 bolt plate is. How did you who have done it, get around that? I could probably mill that area down and use flat head screws on the plate. I want the extra weight of the CI case and I'll put the fine spline axles and 2 pc carrier in.

I'll be doing the same thing to mine eventually. I *think* all that's necessary is a few washers under the gas tank mount.

I put a rear from a 147 under my 782D[when I had it]. Just a couple washers and the fuel tank and lines will be fine. Was for me anyways.

Hi Matt!

I dropped a CI tranny in my 782D and didn't have any problems.

HELLO, I JUST FOUND A 2072 WITH A BROKEN TRANSMISSION HOUSING.I WAS WANDERING IF A TRANS. FROM A DONER 1450 COULD BE RETROFITTED.HAS ANYONE DONE THIS? WHAT PROBLEMS WERE ENCOUNTERED.

william, on a tractor with gas tank up front, there are basically no problems. you will need to either use the same pump from 1450, or swap the front reduction gear out of the AL tranny if you want to use the 2072 more powerful hydro.

Latest posts

Back