• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftornatore

displayname
FRANCIS TORNATORE
can anyone tell me what this is
27942.jpg

Hey Guys:

Can anyone tell me what this tool is and information about. Found this in the barn and I have No Clue...
confused.gif

Thanks,
30064.jpg

30065.jpg

30066.jpg

Your jokin right?
That's what ya use when your washing machine goes on the fritz! As long as you have a tube to go with it.
biggrin.gif

Thanks Charlie....But NO...I had No Clue.
I can recall the ole Maytag Gas Engine powered wringers, but never seen that device. You must be a whole lot older than me.....
err.gif

Anybody know what tractor this is, or was? Don't have the hood or grill and I don't think this is the right engine.

30492.jpg

30493.jpg

The engine drives direct to this cross shaft with pulleys on either side. The pulley on the left side drives a mower deck if it had one and the pulley on the right side drives the transmission with a belt clutch.

30494.jpg

Richard,
That is a Simplicity. I just overhauled the AC here at work (It is a relabled Simplicity)
The box with the "Cross shaft" or right angle gear box is worth a mint as they are NLA.

Bryan has a model 700 version.. Personaly I hate the things, but they mow great!!!

Yep, dat's a Simple-city. Maybe a 725 cuz it doesn't have the oil bath filter? If you can read the B&S model number, I can figure it out for ya.

If anything, part it out and sell the right-angle gearbox - since Simplicity recently dropped the last model to use that gearbox, prices on them have gone way up. Nothing wrong with using a Brand X to pay for Cub parts
wink.gif

Around here, there affectionately called "Complexity"'s

biggrin.gif

is that the model to have the rear discharge deck?

Anybody know of a web site for these tractors? Maybe one with a For Sale area.

Richard C. -

www.simpletractors.com - there's a link to their "club." Might cost ya to post an ad, I never joined when they made a formal club out of things, so I don't know...

Scott T. -

The deck that came with my 700 was side discharge, not a whole lot changed with the 725 - other than 1/4 horsepower!

I have been wondering for a long time what this bracket is for? I have had my "Original" Cub for more than 30 years and have never had a need for it. Is is a seat travel limiter when doing wheelies? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
31213.jpg

Thanks Digger. When I get my blade finished I might need to get a spring to help lift it.

Digger,

That would be great!
thumbsup_old.gif
I could make something but having an original is the best choice. I will be happy to purchase or at least pay for shipping.

Harry

Back