• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Calling all gardeners!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen,
I don't do anything but set around gettin older!
biggrin.gif

Good Lord, that's enough garlic to make dracula leave town for life...chuckle Glen. Nice Tomato, that'll go great w/some cheese on a burger, or stuffed with peppers, chicken,and blue cheese...MMMMMMM
thumbsup_old.gif

Allen, I work for an electronics company (link below) we make computer forensics tools for law enforcment. I just like to grow stuff, I grew up on a hobby farm and worked as a farm hand as a youth for a couple different neighboring farms.

Voom Technologies

Marlin, no vampire problems around here, I just really like garlic.
happy.gif

It appears I accidentally planted garlic on time! We had a few cloves sprout from some garlic we purchased in the store. I have the beds buried in leaves and homemade compost and they are growing beautifully. Having been part of commercial garlic production in California for a few years, I wasn't sure how well I would get it to grow here.

I also have some volunteer onions growing in the bed. I have no idea where they come from, but there they are.

Growing carrots is nice in the midwest, as you can leave them in the beds under a blanket of leaves and harvest them all winter.

You all have beautiful gardens that are an envy from my screen. Thanks for the post.

Steve, depending on the variety of the garlic you planted and the hardiness zone you are in, the garlic may or may not survive the winter. I'm in zone 3b and the garlic that I use is a German Extra Hardy. I don't put any mulch on the garlic beds until there is a frost in the ground, I use marsh hay for a mulch. You don't want the soil to stay too warm, you want the garlic to concentrate on producing roots not top growth. I like to grow leeks too, like carrots they can be left in the ground under a mulch and harvested over the winter, though we usually harvest it and make a soup stock and freeze it. Thanks for the comments.
happy.gif

Kraig, thats some really slick products your company sells! Between your stuff and government Data Mining operations, I dont think anything can be secured any more.

Latest posts

Back