• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Bring it on...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The LED headlamps appear to be a worthwhile addition. The charging systems on these tractors are adequate at best, and this will reduce the amp draw significantly while producing more light output.

Look how they lit the side of my house up when I was hooking up a gen
0827210418_Film1.jpg

Getting ready for some more snow later today...not much but maybe enough to play and try these out...upgraded and took a picture for comparison...not all new technology is bad 😎

View attachment 147588
Let us know how much they illuminate. I find many LEDs lights look super bright while looking into them but they do not really illuminate well. I have some flashlights that are blinding when looking at the light, turn it around to shine outward and they get lost. I hope you have good luck with these, I could go for brighter lighting when nighttime snow plowing with my 782

When I wanted lights on my 107 In opted to go for mounting them beside the dash tower in some fashion (it would've killed me to molest the headlight bezel to add lights into it), preferably without drilling any holes. I achieved this by cutting and bending a long thin piece of aluminum sheet, so that it was a tight fit into a slot underneath the battery tray. Could not have worked better, just like the other examples here, the LEDs I used are very bright and draw much less amperage. Wired it all in and tied it together with the correct push-pull light switch in the correct location beneath the left side of the dash cowl.

IMG_20210814_113703.jpg
IMG_20211211_140718.jpg

When I get around to my 147 once the weather warms up I'll be ordering a pair of those PAR36 LEDs and installing them. And I can wire up the tail lights in the process!

I have a pair of these LED headlights made for a motorcycle light bar. They are very bright and are "projector" type bulbs- so they really reach out there.

I made a new headlight panel (my tractor originally did not have headlights) from some scrap 1/8" aluminum sheet, and just replaced the whole panel. The large holes were made with a jig saw and a regular wood blade (cuts the aluminum better than a metal blade). Painted it black (spray can).. and mounted it like original.

20200516_152737.jpg

When I wanted lights on my 107 In opted to go for mounting them beside the dash tower in some fashion (it would've killed me to molest the headlight bezel to add lights into it), preferably without drilling any holes. I achieved this by cutting and bending a long thin piece of aluminum sheet, so that it was a tight fit into a slot underneath the battery tray. Could not have worked better, just like the other examples here, the LEDs I used are very bright and draw much less amperage. Wired it all in and tied it together with the correct push-pull light switch in the correct location beneath the left side of the dash cowl.

View attachment 147624View attachment 147625

When I get around to my 147 once the weather warms up I'll be ordering a pair of those PAR36 LEDs and installing them. And I can wire up the tail lights in the process!
That's actually a good idea. With the lights mounted in the headlight bezel, the snowthrower chute blocks one or the other depending on which side you're using to blow snow. I also thought about mounting some on the fenders. If you want to mow after dark, you can't see the mower deck and where to line up for the cut...just have to guesstimate.

That's actually a good idea. With the lights mounted in the headlight bezel, the snowthrower chute blocks one or the other depending on which side you're using to blow snow. I also thought about mounting some on the fenders. If you want to mow after dark, you can't see the mower deck and where to line up for the cut...just have to guesstimate.

I don't plan to be using my 107 for mowing or snow removal, but I can say that the lights definitely would make it possible to see the mower deck. As well as keep them clear of the snow chute. As a side note, I would bet that a disadvantage of the LED headlights is that they won't produce any heat, which would melt snow off them, like the original incandescents do.

I've mowed in the dark with my 106 before, with my single LED light bar on the front, without issue of being unable to keep the deck aligned with the grass. However I've mowed with it enough in daylight to pretty well know how to keep it aligned even in the dark. Plus, being a 38" deck, it doesn't hang very far past the wheels making it even easier to keep aligned.

Latest posts

Back