• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Blizzard 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
here are two pictures of the outside before I head out. Currently my road is closed.

220590.jpg

220591.jpg

I have some pix to post if someone can resize them for me. My POS camera that will post almost anything was DOA this morning, so had to use the 21st Century one.

Mom says they got 13.9" just west of Rockford. Jeff, you dug out yet?

Here's a couple pictures of my dad using my Cubs to clear the asphalt portion of our driveway. He used his Farmall B for the long gravel part. I haven't talked to him yet, but it appears that both the 364 works good and the mods I made to my QA-36A to fix the belt alignment issues worked.

220616.jpg

220617.jpg

My mom took these pictures, put them on facebook, and didn't even tell me!
noshare.gif

Here's my pictures of "Snow-pocalypse". We got cheated out of the deep stuff. Only 8"-10" of stuff. 5" being the frozen rain/sleet. That stuff pushed like sand. The 782 ran beautifully.

My 19month old son freaks out if he doesn't get to ride the tractor as soon as he hears it start. This was during the first round of plowing the sleet.

220627.jpg

Here's an artsy photo of the 782 during the fun.

220628.jpg

I got tired of waiting for the plows, so I have to plow the whole street or my cars won't make it up the hill. Of course I don't mind. And the 782 sure looks good.

220629.jpg

Got to have tail light love...

220630.jpg

Hopefully these are the right size... I really wish we would have gotten more snow. 20 miles northwest got over 2 feet. If it does this every year, it might warrant buying a blower.

"Super 782" and "QA-42A+" got a heck of a work out this afternoon when the wind died down some. Drive was a mess, with drifts up over the extra drift wing on the thrower (just kept pushing through and eating snow).

I have no idea how much we got, don't know how you could have possibly measured it with the 40mph winds?!?!?! There was 12"-18" or more on just about everything this AM...BIG MESS!!!

Anyway, the 782 did a great job and ate everything right up (including 8 gallons of fuel!!!)

220641.jpg

220642.jpg

220643.jpg

220644.jpg

220645.jpg

In the 4th and 5th pictures you can see that the snow easily covered the whole thrower...several times I stopped because the top of the chute was under the drift!! My extra wing would roll snow forward onto the drift just like a blade until the drifts got too high....a gentle forward/backward motion every 3-4' would allow the windrow to fall-in in front of the thrower for "relocation". An honest +20' of distance was possible with just the right feed and the Mag 18 pulled down against a WOT governor (makes you want to do the Tim the Tool Man Taylor grunt and pust a
happy.gif
happy.gif
BIG SMILE
happy.gif
happy.gif
on your face!!!)

1/2 bites in the really deep stuff let you run down the snow that was too high for the wing on the "high side" and throw the same snow from the previous pass on the "low side".

The drift I had to go through to get the tractor from the shed to the drive was knee deep and 10-12' long.....

Steve,
Looking GOOD! No more "Frosty Blunier" for you.
What do the say, "Older and wiser".

Looks like NOAA is saying 14.5" for my house......not that your could find a spot that wasn't wind blown so you could measure it!!!!

Steve,
I saw that map, we're in the 21-24 zone. That will keep me buzy for awhile cleaning up the neighborhood.

I shot this out of the picture window about 11:00 last night....wind was really whipping at the time...

220647.jpg

Sorry no action photos just some before/after.
Matt my drive is dug out just waiting on the township now... thanks for asking

220652.jpg

220653.jpg

this is left for the township
220654.jpg

This left 14 inchs per the news but the drifting was incredible
But my blower/149 and pusher/129 really out performed what I thought

I wonder if IH new they had made the best...

Nice photos guys!
thumbsup.gif

Tom, email me your photos I'll resize them for you.

I'm like ART, I really like all your pic's, but the one DAVE posted is the one that made me laugh!

Who's going to come up with the silliest caption for it?

Thought bubble for Dave's post
" I REALLY have to pee, but......"
"Is there anythign left down there? I can feel anything."

"Drafting"...where 2 Deer following closely together can go faster than one!!!

Ain't no way they can shoot us in the heart now, so stand still.

Here you go Dennis:

-I said lets take the snow shoes but nooooooo!

-That feeder was right here I thought.

-Wasn't there a stump around here?

-Enough with the fartn'

-You told me you put gas in the snowmobole...

-Did I leave any yellow snow?

I guess I was a little bored today. This could go on and on.

Back