• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

BENTH GRINDER STAND!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodsmith

displayname
Rodney Smith
I got this DEWALT bench grinder for Christmas.
Thought about mounting it on this old cream seperater I have.That way it would get it off the bench and also stay with my I.H. theme in the shop.
ROD
219682.jpg
219683.jpg

Thats an IH cream separator?? Looks old and rusty, but still an antique. You really sure you want to do that?? Your gonna need to kneel down or sit on a stool anyway to use your grinder!

Rodney & Allen, That's a McCormick-Deering (IHC) Ball Bearing Cream Seperator made in the mid 30's.

1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

ALLEN-TOM
I knew it was a McCORMICK-DEERING (IHC) separator.
I don't plan on harming it.I just haven't decided how I want to mount the grinder.I have two,this one and another just like it.Both are locked up.The other I used as mailbox stand out in the country.I've thought about painting it I.H. CUB CADET colors,putting I.H. decal on left side and front door of mailbox after it's painted I.H. white.On the sides of box have my name and 1961 CUB CADET WAY VERSAILLES,MO.
ALLEN,height doesn't matter. I'm a balding short,fat little critter! 5'ft6"&200lbs.LOL (the hair I have left and my beard are going from grey to white very fast)

Rodney...5'-6" and a few #'s. Thats OK. Your center of gravity is lower!...Ya know
...Weebles wobble but they don't fall down...
thumbsup_old.gif

A medium duty IH truck brake drum makes a great base for a grinder or vise stand....Iron scrap dumpster, etc. Use your imagination for a upright/post ... 2x2 square tube or 1.5"-2" pipe.
Shift.gif

My father made one from wood probably in the 60s and I'm still using it. He passed away in '90 and I put a claim on the tools. As a matter of fact it still has the grinder he bought from Sears mounted and going strong. I did have to replace the switch on it a couple of years ago but that's it.

Rodney,........Or you can bring it back to it's former glory like I did on this next earlier verson.
219757.jpg

219758.jpg

Tom Hoffman
I have an old cream separator here with out the tall stand. It has all the plates that separate the cream from the milk used on my wife's farm . We have not found a use for it now . All the bowls are stainless and I have the complete system. You have given me an idea. Thanks for that.
thumbsup_old.gif

dizzy.gif

TOM,
Hows about a 2 for one trade. That would look sharp in the wifes kitchen next to her gas/wood cookstove!
I've decided to put them,(or at least that one in the basement. Might be worth something as trading material sometime.Just don't want it going for scrap!!
ROD
219771.jpg

Thanks Guys, Everyone equates IH with being red, or in the case of Cub Cadets yellow & white, but that's how that seperator would have came from the factory. They had tin plated tanks and spouts, pin stripped and lettered with golden paint with the deep dark navy blue. I had the tank replated and had the decals made locally. Your black "Ball Bearing" was the next version, followed by the hand cranked or electric operated maroon colored one. The next version was the cream white electric ones. IH wanted the farmers wife to have "Pretty" implement in the kitchen. The sepertors were made in the Milwaukee plant. As you can tell that's a Primrose seperator.

TOM, Saw one of the electric maroon separators
in Chattanooga Tenn. this past summer. We saw it at a antique store.It was all complete and original,with a price tag of $600.

Latest posts

Back