• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

ATTENTION PET OWNERS

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tests conducted by a South African pet food company, Royal Canin, found melamine in a shipment of corn gluten from China.

The discovery deepens American investigators' suspicion that Chinese manufacturers purposely laced pet food ingredients with melamine to raise the value of their shipments, federal health officials said. Melamine, a plastic derivative not approved for use in food, raises the level of protein in an ingredient so it can be sold as gluten.

<font color="ff0000">'It would certainly lend credibility to the theory that [the contamination] is intentional,'</font>

http://tinyurl.com/yr9u8y

It's in Hogs now too ...

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Officials urged those who purchased pigs from American Hog Farm since April 3 to not consume the product until further notice.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Chinese authorities have told the FDA that the wheat gluten was an industrial product not meant for pet food, Sundlof said. Still, melamine can skew test results to make a product appear more protein-rich than it really is, he added. That raises the possibility the contamination was deliberate.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

http://tinyurl.com/2em9zb

Personally I think they were hoping that AMERICANS would eat it ... but we don't eat our dogs!

"Tainted animal feed is merely the latest revelation about China's food safety woes, ranging from dye-tainted fish, and fake baby formula to the alleged use of ingredients intended for animal consumption to make snack foods."

http://tinyurl.com/2neo58

Yeah, you know it's bad when it's safer to feed the cats SPAM than cat food...

Bryan,
You really really sure about that! LOL
56047.jpg

Ken, Now I'm beginning to wonder why my dog Spot died last December. She had the same symptoms the have mentioned with this pet food problem. She was on Lamb & Rice dry dog food. I'm wondering about it now & I was told by the vet that the Lamb & rice formula was good for her!
56135.jpg

This is a photo of Spot & my daughter + SIL with their dog Elwood.

John - Our Yorkie is on L&R too but so far he's ok.
Something happened to my chow/german sheppard Mona last fall too. I had to put her down after a couple of days. She spent all day trying to get from the garage to the house (about 25 feet). I couldn't watch her suffer so I put my 45 in my pocket and Kathy and I carried her out back on a tarp and when Kathy got back to the house ...
I loved that dog better than any person I've ever known.
They talk about putting a price on your pet over these deaths and illness'. You can't put a price on loyalty and the best love and friendship you'll ever know.

I still don't trust'em they probably just offered the guy up so the rest of the world won't be suspicious of the master plan.

Maybe, they'll just have him eat some of the poisoned food that's out there.
coffee.gif

Got a free product today in a bag of dog food. Its chew sticks from Purina. About 1/2"x5" long. Outer shell is rawhide with a filling. Contents of filling start with SUGAR! next is wheat flour, then down the line is something called 'animal digest(source of chicken flavor)'. I dont even want to imagine what that stuff is! So if the Chinese dont get the pets, we will do it ourselves with sugar shock!!
thumbdown.gif

Allen - You ever wonder why a dog licks it's butt ? You ever taste one of those dog biscuts ?
I tasted one once , I chased my dog around the yard for 10 minutes before I finally caught it so I could get the taste of the dog biscut out of my mouth.
More sugar , PLEASE !
clown.gif

Allen S. -

Ya sure ya don't wanna know what the "extract" is? I spent a good half year working on a manufacturing system conversion for ISI, the IT division of Masterfoods, which is, well, master over M&M/Mars, Kalkan, etc.

I worked for about a month (right after the Rodney King riots and around the time of a quake) at Kalkan's Vernon, CA plant. Among items in their "parts list" were beef jowls, chicken slurry and salivary glands. Nothing like watching a "tote" of glands heading down the line...

On the waste side of things was something called "pumpable commodities" - things that weren't fit for human OR animal consumption. They loaded that tanker on a dock that was on the way from the office to the cafeteria - yummy! I never did eat the beef there...
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back