• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Arkansaw, Wisconsin Plow Days Oct. 5-6

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 more days!

246137.jpg

Plow Day tomorrow!

2 Bottom plows are the thing this year...
246344.jpg

We tested it last Saturday in the rather hard dry soil and it performed as good as my 10" Brinly. It actually worked really well with some weight on it. I've got a 40 lb weight to attach(if needed) for Plow Day at Glenn Peterson's this weekend in Arkansaw, WI the front plow share is a 6 1/2" the rear is an 8"
246345.jpg

Vince

nice lookin plow, can not wait to see it in action the day after tomorrow.

Vince, WOW!!!! That is c.c. cool, I'm with Rob, can't wait to see it in action.

Plowing update---Went out this morning and opened up the fields for tomorrow, went better than I thought it would, never got the forecasted rain, hopeful this coming week we'll get some for Montrose. See Ya Tommorrow!!!!!

thanks Glenn, had a great time plowing, visiting and even hooking up the pulling maching. Again you were a very gracious host and dispite the cold wind and snow flurries we were warm with your hospitality. Thanks for allowing us to plow. Yes the conditions were very tough, hard to get the plow in the ground, then getting it to stay in and when it "went under" we all stopped and spun on the hard ground. No body really dug down unless it was those few sandy spots. Most of us had to have our plow points down, back of landslide up too much for normal plowing, in order to get it into the ground. Didn't take very many pictures as I never seem to do. However several other people did. Hope they post some, Again thanks to the host family and Mike, and boy scouts for a great time
246469.jpg

Whoops, couldn't resist this pic. about 7 1/2 too
many 20 inch bottoms for me. Now for real. Our line up.

246470.jpg

Glenn with a beauty of a tractor.

246471.jpg

Gary Thom, welcome to a plow day, now you believe me?

246472.jpg

And Vince's brother and my grandson Nolan.
246473.jpg

Glen

thanks for a great plow day... you have an awesome location... I had thoughts of taking a lot of pics but forgot batteries for the dang camera ...oh well... sorry

I hate spending plow day under a blanket with a box of tissues and a bottle of NyQuil.
a_weep.gif
Looks like the usual outstanding plow day hosted by Glenn. Next year.....

Vince did a very poor job of taking pics...I do have a few, I'll try to get them downloaded, resized, and posted later today.

Brian, I hope you feel better soon - or feel better already! I was wondering where you were. Hopefully see ya in Montrose.

Thank you Glenn and your wife for Hosting again this year! And thank you to all the others who made this fun event happen.

Roughest part of the day was plowing, as other said it worked great then really was not so great. I half rode on my plow and 122 for a while and some areas I'd spin out as if I were on concrete, the tires would not even dig in. Other areas the plowing was easy.

The 2 bottom worked as well as a single, there was a little more trash build up though.

Did get some pictures this year and best of all did not plow the camera under this time.

Thanks to all for helping and the great turn out considering the soil conditions. Hope that some of the forecasted rain has made it to Montrose, just 4 more days!!
This was an experiment of controling two hydros with one control lever and have good equilized pressures. Colin was real happy with performance.
246570.jpg

Vincent T. new 2 bottom plow, worked great.
246571.jpg

This fellow just loves to plow(Mr. Ron Thomley)
246572.jpg

246573.jpg

Paul R. getting it all dialed in.
246574.jpg

Randy Benson the winner of a new Brinly 10" Plow.
246575.jpg

Again thanks to all for make this a plow day of memories for many.

Latest posts

Back