Archive through September 29, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne - Your post is like a foreign language to me...I sit at a desk all day trying to fix people’s problems. LOL. Hope I don’t have to forge my own lever rod or I’ll have some entertaining pics/stories for this board.
happy.gif

So Harry - Are the spring and washed at the top of the lever assembly or bottom? Looking at the diagram it appears once Inremove the button, I’ll see the rod, spring and washer? Or is it wayyyy down at the bottom? In which case I’d have to take the whole lever assembly off (PIA)

I know its good to repair what one has but when my lift lever rod goes out I just go get another whole assembly that's not broke from my pile of them...

Craig - Makes sense. If I had a pile of them I'd do the same. Do you take off the whole underside assembly or just replace the lift lever rod? (Because from what I'm seeing there's no way to replace the rod without taking the whole assembly off the underside)

Don, if you are going to remove the entire the assembly, it has to be removed out the bottom of the tractor. Lifting the front of the tractor way up is about the only way to do it, unless you have a pit or a hoist.

Don, in an earlier post you mentioned some sort of aluminum cover over the lower part of the lift lever. That must have been added by a PO as there isn't one from the factory. Any chance you can post a photo, or email a photo that shows this aluminum cover?

Craig, Don's first post regarding the lift lever states 122.

Kraig - Here's a pic of the thin metal covering on the lever at the bottom. It seems to protect the internal workings of the lever or maybe it's just a protective sleeve for the u-bolt. Either way, it looks like I need to loosen the button as suggested before and then slide the internal assembly out from below (as you said)

322713.jpg

322714.jpg

Don, OK. That might be a factory piece that came with a front mounted attachment, like a dozer blade or snow thrower. I seem to recall seeing something similar before. It does not appear in the manuals however. The part with the U-bolt is an add on for front attachments, the lift rod would go into one of the holes. If you remove the U-bolt, I believe the aluminum part should just lift off.

Latest posts

Back