• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 21, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Well, I got it on there, sort of.
Not real happy with how it turned out though.
Just don't look too closely!!

I cut around the depressed center section once the decal was stuck to the outer rim, then pressed the center into place.

Putting these darn things (decals) on a restored Cub has gotta be the biggest PITA of all!!

322554.jpg

So... an off-topic Friday 'it followed me home' post. I've been wanting a zero turn radius mower for awhile now to cut down on the 2 hours I spend on the tractor at least once a week. I like the idea of a front mount mower so you aren't running over the grass before you cut it. I found a Grasshopper on the Facebook marketplace near me and picked it up last weekend. The original failure-prone Kohler Triad has been replaced with a 20 hp Honda v-twin. Came with the collection unit as well which is a big plus this time of year. Bit of a learning curve for me with the steering of this thing. Haven't hit any buildings, but whacked a few tree branches! Oh yeah... not a picture at my house, the trees are still green here. This was the seller's picture from this spring when he moved out of the area and put it in storage.

322556.jpg

322557.jpg

Kevin, very nice! I've never driven one so I'd probably be running into all sorts of stuff.
icon_eek.gif

I know I'll get some heat for this but I also have an off topic post. I'm thinking of buying this.
blush.gif
It's a one owner trade in JD X585 with only 252.7 hours. It's 4wd with a 25HP liquid cooled Kawasaki V-twin, a 46" snow thrower, 54" deck and power triple bagger. I just have to convince my wife I need it... My father bought this same model tractor back in 2005 (with the same deck but with a 48" snow blower and rear PTO and 3 point) I've been using it to mow and clear snow at the farm since he passed away in 2007.

322559.jpg

Kraig,

What did that driveshaft come off of that is laying across the blower?

I have some extra grilles for the 1x8,1x9 series. Some have the metal emblem, and some have the sticker. What's up with that?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Marty, the drive shaft powers the snow thrower, it runs off of a PTO output from the rear differential, then through the front axle via a captive splined through shaft. I will try to get some detail photos to post.

Kraig-don’t feel bad the John Deere dealer near my work has a Derelict 332 diesel out back...I think I want to stop in to see if it’s for sale.i think It would look cool next to the cubs

Charlie, I missed your “snow bagger” comment. That’s funny I might have to try that. My wife didn’t even hesitate and said yes you should get it.
icon_eek.gif

I use to like Fridays but now I can't wait for Saturday.
"Sort of a cross between piss yella' and puke green, ain't it?"

To provide some balance here while off topic, the factory paint scheme on the new CaseIH combines is pretty darn cool.

322563.jpg

That's the first time I can think of CIH using a standalone IH emblem on a new piece of machinery.

Man, it's just like Christmas! Going to have smooooth operating hydro again (after 25 years with the springs shimmed with washers) . Thanks Digger, CCSpecialties <u>is</u> <u>Special</u>

322566.jpg

I'm at the point where I'm ready to separate the tractor to replace (what I strongly believe to be) a leaking cork gasket. My question is this - before I loosen the bolts on each side of the transaxle - where would be the best location to place a jack? There is a round, flat area under the trans which would appear to be the logical place, but my concern is - will the trans tend to fall towards the front as the whole back of the tractor is being moved? I don't want to do anything that could result in damage to the trans. I already have jack stands on either side of the frame, positioned just forward of the transmission. Anything else I need to do before separating? I'm just concerned about the trans moving around on the jack, etc. while I'm working on getting to the gasket. Thanks for any advice since I've never done this before.

Keith S.
Since you didn't mention what tractor, I assume that it's a 129 that you have in your profile?
If that's the case, No point in removing the rear end.
Take the fenders off. It's a lot easier.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back