• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcleod

displayname
Cathleen McLeod
Hi Kraig. we are watching the seed pods as well. I dont think people think much about the extinctions, as man continues to encrouch the land. A simple little butterfly, about to be snuffed out, unless more Milk week is planted and tended to.

I mistyped on the land density the Monarchs migrate to in central america . It was 45 acres down to 1 1/2 acre now. The lose of land is frightening, when you think that the Monarchs only food is milkweed , anyone who cares should spread the word, and work at starting butterfly plants and habitate on their property. Every little bit helps. I know there have been alot of articles written about this, so hopefully it will shift the collective consciousness to start planting milkweed for the very specific need of the Monarchs.

Cath

We have milk weed all over our pasture. And we have a huge butterfly bush that is always loaded with different varieties of butterflies. I really like the ones that look like bumblebees.
290123.jpg

Keith,sounds like you have an abundant amount of of milkweed for the Monarchs

I have never seen a butterfly that looks like a bumble bee! how big are they? small like a bumble or bigger?

cath

That's the one in the second shortcut. They look and fly like bee's.

Keith, I've been buzzed by them before, as well as by actual hummingbirds, that gets your heart rate up for sure! But I'd rather be buzzed by one of them, than a bumblebee...
icon_eek.gif

How interesting!! When we get older and we think we know so much, or we would like to have that opinion of ourselves, we realize how little we do know. lol. learning about the bumble bee " moth" was intriqing..thanks guys.

With the loss of my sight, I struggle to view the world and all that is within it..capturing moments, what ever is there to see. we take our senses for granted. although I havent', knowing that lose is in the forecast has made me much for intune with life, and all that is.

Cath

Keith O. Want to collect and send us some of the milkweed pods when they are ready? We/re trying to start a small area for the little ones when they pass through Colo.
happy.gif
We've only one or two milkweed plants with the pods.

More from the trail camera. There's a plastic tub buried in the ground that I keep filled with water. That is what the coyote walks towards and drinks from. It's amazing how much wildlife that 10 gallons or so of water attracts.
happy.gif

290371.jpg

290372.jpg

290373.jpg

290374.jpg

290375.jpg

290376.jpg

290377.jpg

290378.jpg

290379.jpg

Kraig-

You ought to get out the ole electronic predator call and thin out those coyotes. From the looks of it you have quite a few. I don't care for killing anything just to be killing but coyotes are super smart and will make a snack out of a house cat in a minute.

The other day there was a flock of Canadas in the back field. As I was walking out of the back door by chance at the right time I heard them taking flight and when I looked half the flock went one way and the other half went the other. I immediately thought COYOTE! and sure enough here comes one bounding right through where the flock was. I got the shotgun for "blast" effect and put the coyote in high gear but the geese haven't been back since.

Speaking of cats, Lynda, who I've had now for a little over a year has been giving me fits from peeing in the house but not in the 4 litter boxes I supply. I've emailed Cathleen about the issue a couple of times and Lynda seems to be getting better but time will tell. Maybe I should buy one of those toilet training kits and start all over with her. I've found out recently that she is a good "mole cat" (I think they're called gophers up north). She and Graygirl both will stay over a moving mole for hours if necessary. When I see it I get something to smash the hell out of the mole if I can. I did witness Graygirl actually reach into a mole tunnel and pull one out several years ago. I was amazed and happy all at the same time. She quickly dispatched it as well.

I'll post some pics of the guys soon. They're all doing fine and constantly keep me entertained.

Wayne, oh, I will be out after those coyotes!
happy.gif
The trail cameras are at the family farm which is located 7 miles or so from my home. I know my cats don't travel that far, not so sure about the coyotes... There's a photo I posted back in July where there are 6 coyotes playing.

Kraig M. Many years ago when I was in high school a classmate that lived five miles east of us told me that one night he saw two of our three dogs over at their place playing with their dogs. One of them was Fritzie our little daschund. They decided to go after we'd done chores and went into the house for the night. Clifford said that even he was amazed that Fritzie traveled that far and was home the next morning. It would be easy for a coyote to travel that much in no time.

Shultzie, yes!
happy.gif

Marlin, yes coyotes could easily travel that far but I doubt that these particular coyotes do. I know there are plenty of other coyotes up around my house as I hear them on a fairly regular basis. One of my sisters believe a coyote may have gotten one of her cats as it's been missing since September 15th.
sad.gif
Her house is about 5 or 6 miles east of the farm. My house is 6 or 7 miles north of the farm. She has coyotes around her house too. They are all over the place around here.
angry.gif

I have not seen one of these in a few years.

290577.jpg

Kind a small . Kraig can fix it . thanks Kraig

Kraig,
Anyone can see that we're looking at 2 trees, a fake wishing well, some weeds and a white goat in the back ground, LOL

Back