• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zach,
Check out the Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new section. I think you might find out more there.
thumbsup.gif

Went to the Arcadia Steam Show in Maryland yesterday. A few cubs there. Lots of other GTs. Case was the featured brand this year. Lots of cool old steam tractors too!
65093.jpg

65094.jpg

65095.jpg

65096.jpg

65097.jpg

Lots more OT pics if anyone is interested

Charlie,
The goof ball plowing looks like he is trying to have a B-M and is needing help bad!
lol.gif

Here's my PTO situation: I can't figure out these set screws. My PTO has 3 holes around it. I am pointing to one of them in the pic. Are these the correct holes? One of them has nothing in it. The other two do have something in them, but after trying practically every size allen wrench I have nothing works. They all just spin. I don't know if the allens are stripped out or what. Am I going about this correctly? Does anyone know exactly what size allen this is? What if I can't get them out- what are my options, or should I try to replace the two that are missing and just leave it alone?
65100.jpg

Jim, they probably have dirt in them 1/8 is the wrench size. Use your favorite penatrant oil and a small pick and some compressed air to blow out the debris. They are probably OK you have to be patient when dealing with them. The FAQ above has some suggestions also!

Jim T
If the PTO works, I wouldn't fool with it (unless you're doing a resto)
Brian L

Matt,
Thanks for the wrench size. I have looked at the FAQ but that PTO is different than mine.

Brian,
I am doing a resto, but I still don't necessarily have to take it off. I might just try to replace the set screws that are missing out of that one hole and leave it alone. Is this thing supposed to be painted?

Went to the LaGrange Engine Club Show over the weekend. Many cubs and parts for sale. Had a great variety of stuff. Here are a few pics.
Tom
65106.jpg

65107.jpg

65108.jpg

65109.jpg

Jim T.,
You realize that each of the three holes should have a PAIR of allen set screws in them, one on top of the other...for a total of six allen set screws to remove.
Regarding painting it, I'd be careful in painting it as you don't want paint to get on the clutch disc/pressure plate or button surfaces of the PTO assembly.

Just my 1.5 cents worth,
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

My 20 month old grandson loves grandpa's tractor. What can I say - the boy's got class! (Must come from grandma's side!) Guess I better start shopping now for a Cub for him to drive when he can reach the controls.
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back