• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas:

The condition as Luther stated will work. BUT, the more you reduce your input voltage, the less the output voltage the coil will produce. Something to consider.

James M.
At least here, I doubt Jim D. will hammer the Haban or a Cub!
biggrin.gif

Here's the info your lookin for.

http://cubfaq.com/haban402e.html

http://cubfaq.com/haban402einst.html

Thanks for all the suggestions on the 1200 coil problems. I plan on starting the troubleshooting today! I'll keep ya posted. As far as the 1650 goes.....an undescribable force is pulling me back for a second look. I just know in my heart that I'll bring it back with me. I sure hope my wife doesn't read these posts. How does one remedy the bad threads in the head? PO stated it ran fine until the spark plug was ejected. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Hello
I just want to say thanks to Kentucky Ken even though someone else asked how to get a stuck wheel off I tried your advice and had that front wheel off in 5 minutes. I hope I can remember that trick next time. Thanks again!
ihrotate.gif

Update on my 123 hydro problems. After initially thinking it was a problem with the check valves coming up, turns out it was a bad suction line that was leaking fluid. Started as a small leak that I hadn't noticed, then after fooling with it realized the line was broken off. Needless to say, the small leak became a big leak. Replaced the suction line, added some more tranny fluid and so far so good. Check valves are working fine. Now just gotta get some adjustments made and hopefully all will be well. Not too bad for a tractor that sat for 6+ years. So far only about $50 in parts, but won't mention the hours spent fooling with it!! Oh well, what can you do!

James - Nope wasn't me, don't remember any stuck wheel questions. Last front wheel I had to take off I had to put in my press to push out the spindle.

Ken
I used the pulley hub removal advice(my mistake) you gave and applied to the wheel and it worked like a charm. Thanks
ihrotate.gif

I don't know how many of you have ever seen this.
But Myron Bounds sent this the other day and personally I think it's way to cool!
I'll be scanning it shortly and make it available to everyone.
THANKS Myron!
thumbsup.gif

65063.jpg

More information on the coil problems on my 1200. I took a voltage reading from + terminal of coil to engine ground. 14.9 - 15.2 volts. Can the voltage regulator be the culprit??
Also, while I was reading the meter at WOT, I noticed a noise and vibration. I discovered the drive plate which bolts to the flywheel is severely cracked and about to take orbit. Noticed some missing springs as well. Looks like a call to our sponsors is in order. Other than that I keep switching from football to NASCAR while I drop the drive line out.

Thomas B:

As I stated before.... <u>Maximum</u> voltage is 14.7 VDC.

If your Voltage Regulator is properly grounded, then you have a bad regulator. That is what is burning up your coils.

Roland, thanks for your advice. I shined up all the grounds and still have the high readings so I will change the VR as suggested. I just dropped the drive line out to see what was wrong. The whole center hub is broken out of the drive hub. The TO bearing looks real good however the clutch disc is pretty sad. Missing 3 springs that slide on the drive hub and no evidence of a teaser spring. Thanks for listening.....I feel better now.

What is the main difference between the 1450 and the 147? Is the hydro and trans as strong and wonderful in the 1450? are parts for it cheaper or easyer to get?

Zach S.
Both are great tractors IMHO.

The 1450 is a wide frame and the 147 is a narrow frame.
The 1450 has a rubber mounted engine and is also called a Quietline because of all the shrouds and side panels. It also has hydraulic lift. And is also larger than the 147.

The 147 has a solid mounted engine, with electric lift which is great for tilling.
Here's a pic of my 1450 and 147 together.
65081.jpg

Here's the 1450 with it's side panels on.
65082.jpg

As far as parts go, they are both the same.
You can get pretty much anything new and used for both.
Especially from our sponsors shown above.
thumbsup_old.gif

Could a guy flip the diff ring in a 1450 hydro rear end to make it go backwards when the lever is in the foreward position?

I wanted to build a four wheel tractor that had one hydro in the back and one in the front that shared the same drive shaft. Oh but the drive shaft of the one in the front would spin the wrong way huh? so I would need to flip the ring gear and change the direction of the drive shaft to the front hydro?

Latest posts

Back