• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 09, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats Hugh on the start up,, now a question, is that an early IH cub (under serial 694233) or an ccc cub?

I've got a 1974 IH Cub Cadet 1450, I went out to mow my lawn today, and the engine cranked and cranked without firing.

After some simple diagnosis, I find I have no spark. I'm not 100% on how the ignition system works on this one, so I'd like some help.

I've got power going into the ignition coil. The secondary wiring on the coil reads 7,500 ohms, and the primary reads 3.5 ohms.... which is pretty high on the primary, isn't it? It is for a car, anyway... (Note, I checked it while still hooked up to the tractor)

If that is within normal tolerances for this style of coil, without a distributor, what sends the signal to fire?

Thanks!

Richard,

Have you checked your points? I ask this as you say you are using a coil from a car. It likely doesn't have the internal resistor in it as the original cub ones did. I had the same problem and I found the coil had melted my points to a point were there would not make the proper contact

Jeff..... I'll explain the cord this way: Fresh snow, forgot which way I routed the cord out to the bridge, slow on the PTO handle. No lights were harmed, but the big wreath in the middle of the bridge almost took a dive into the creek.. BTW, Not sure about Brian having the answer..

Only because I've been here for a little while to read and observe. Other than that, wasn't me. LOL. Still a great picture, cracks me up ever time I see it. Shocked that I've not come up with some thing better by now, Lord knows I've got the wrong type of talent for that.

Does anyone out there have a 126 set up for plowing and also does anyone have any idea how many 126's were made? They seem to be fairly rare. A buddy of mine has one that he might sell to me and as I did some looking around, I noticed that there didn't seem to be very many of them out there.

Brian - glad to share...

I was just thinking, there are some classic pictures that have been posted to the forum and then pop up over and over, you know, like Charlie's 149 dragging that loaded pallet, Kraig's 125 zigzag grill..... Then there are some that seem to haunt the OP, like the pic with the Ags on backwards (Art??)... or that winder picture that I posted as a public service
1a_scratchhead.gif
(honest), that keeps coming back to remind me of a real bonehead move.

I still laugh every time I see it....

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 130
Jim and Nic,

Thanks for the info on removing the fly wheel. Was able to borrow my neighbor's puller and it came right off. The engine is now in process of being rebuilt after deflagrating a month ago. Those Kohler parts are sure expensive!

Jim

Gerry-
People would FORGET about the backwards AG story if others wouldn't keep bringing it up!
bash.gif

LOL!
beer2.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 123
  • beer2.gif
    beer2.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 127

Latest posts

Back