• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through September 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott: $100 and you're thinking twice?
bottom.gif

Andy,

I recognize that loader, it's an early Kwik-Way. I have one on my 122.

Is that mounted on an original?

Be very careful when you operate that thing, it's a handful.

Lee

Frank C. I have already decided to buy that 123. Just after I posted it here! I put the 1650 on the market in the classifieds and on my local Craigslist to help fund the purchase! I figured for $100 I would be stupid to not buy it!
bouncy.gif

Micheal Reed, I sent you the Kohler service manual to your e-mail. It's a .pdf file and I didnt know how to link it from here.

Speaking of Trunion repair, now that the hydro pump out is out of the 1650 parts tractor, I decided to tighten things up a bit before I put in into the 129. Armed only with a stick welder, some 1/16" welding rod, and a not so steady hand, I managed to burn through the already thin metal. I decided to just cut along the line as shown below and weld in some new metal. Its easier to shape the U-shaped piece clamped into a vise than it would be to continue to try and work with what's left. Hopefully I got a decent weld. It ain't pretty, but it should do the job.

169275.jpg

Michael, No luck in sending that file. I think I originally got it from Kraig or Charlie, but it's too big for my e-mail to send and my computer is on its last legs too so that doesnt help.

Maybe this isn't as unusual as I think it is, but I've never seen one...what's the story on it? I bought a 123 from a guy at work last fall. He found this in his barn and I picked it up tonight. It's a 48" deck with unequal length blades. It also has a slot for an adjustable idler pulley, but there's a spring loaded idler on it. It also has a bolted on extension on the front edge that appears to be factory. It's acually in pretty good condition except for the extension being bent up. Anybody need it? I don't plan to use it. Would this have the same spindles as a 42" deck, or would it have the longer ones like the later 48" deck.

Thanks,
Jerry

169283.jpg

169284.jpg

169285.jpg

169286.jpg

jerry M, I saw a deck like that down to RP, it was with a CC 105 out in the for sale area saturday afternoon. It was the non-quick attach deck hanger like yours, the deck was in superb condition, the guy wanted $150. It looked just like the one you have pictured.

Thats alright Scott, I'm not sure that I'm going to do much more than removing the broken part of the valve and having the machine shop take care of the rest if I decide to have it fixed. I can't get at it from the top so I think I'll try to cut the bottem of it off and push the rest down and cut it again till I can push it all out the bottem. I think I'm going to pull the pan and check the insides out before I do anything else.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 10:46 am:

Neil,<font color="0000ff"> KENtucky</font> made two (or three if you count the combo unit that did both) versions of the pin tool, one for gear drives and one for hydros, you must have the gear drive version.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Say Kraig,
I remember him! -- Where is ol' grumpy KENtucky KEN these days?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ryan Wilke
bubbly.gif

Jerry; That 48 1U deck is a good mowing deck. It would serve you well, and is easy to rebuild. I have 2 of them and a 48 2U.
Kraig; Kentucky made two single pin tools and one double that does both the hydro and the gear drive. I have the double. Works really well. I miss Kentucky here on the forum.
169289.jpg

Lee E. It is a 100 tucked under there. Fenders,creeper,2 sets of weights,weight box.

Ryan W., KENtucky is spending all his time fishing. Every so often he sends me photos of his latest catch.

Kraig McC.,

Thanks for the update on KENtuckyKEN.

Well, that's cool.

Hey, the next time you 'hear' from ol' KENtuckyKEN, please let him know that the guys on the CC forum, "miss him and still talk about him"....and that EVERYONE has been using JBWELD on frame repairs since he's been away..
bubbly.gif
...that should get a colorful return response!
wedgie.gif

Seriously though, I do miss him.
Although he may have been a bit rough now and then, I'd say he did offer loads of good advice and insight on problems and repairs here....

Ryan Wilke
chef.gif

Ryan W., here's the last photo that he sent back on August 29th.

169291.jpg

Back to Cub Cadets...

And a preemptive:

sorry.gif

Michael Reed, do you have a dremel tool? If so, grind down the bad part of the stem , chamfer the edge so the stem can pull straight up. Or cut it in the "cutout" for the keepers and lift it out. My 2 cents!

Kraig,
From the look on his face, that must be a candid pic of him just holding his 'bait fish' BEFORE going fishing....otherwise, he'd be more his normal 'happy' self!
(Say, I do like the looks of that CC 125 pulling a gang reel, yep,, there over yonder in the trees...)
angel.gif
bottom.gif

sorry.gif

Opps,,, Sorry - back to our normally-scheduled Cub Discussions.
Ryan Wilke
bubbly.gif

Ryan W., that's KENtucky's normal appearance, his other nick-name is after all "The Grump"...

Mike F. I was trying to avoid prying on the bottem of the valve so I don't damage anything else and whats left of the valve is too short to get ahold of from the top. I'm not too worried about it, if all else fails I'll simply let the pros at the machine shop worry about it.
clappy.gif

Wow, Thats what Ken looks like? remind me to never make him mad. Nice lookin' fish though.

Alan S. I'll check'er out. Thanks
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back