• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 08, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonathan, I believe you may be thinking of a photo series of Scott Cross. It wasn't a broken spindle it was just a loose front wheel that fell off during a wheelie.

Jonathan, are these the photos you were thinking of?

64788.jpg

64789.jpg

64790.jpg

Picked all my pumpkins sunday and got some seat time. The old 126 runs great.
64795.jpg

Mule drive belts seem to be the topic of the day... I toasted one Saturday on the 72 & 38" deck.... It flipped off the deck pulley first...sign it's about to "DIE" and maybe 1/2 hour later it happened again and the belt was totally toasted. To be honest I couldn't begin to remember how old that IHC belt was, maybe 10 yrs.... I've had DISMALL luck with F&F, Wisconsin Bearing/Gates belts, hardware store belts... Same situation on the deck drive belts where they have to bend backwards around the belt tensioner pulley. My local Cubbie dealer gets My belt business. Especially the mule drive belts that have to twist four times every rotation. I think the replacement IHC belt I installed Saturday was at least 5-6 yrs old. Their shelf life is only seven years so I'm getting a new one this week! Now something simple like a starter/generator belt a hardware store belt WILL survive since the pulleys never require the belt to twist or bend backwards and if I don't have an IHC belt I will use one to get running again.

Yep, those are it. I don't no why I thought that was Charlie.

At 31, I am really finding that my memory is not what it use to be. Hate getting old.

J

Jonathan, at 45 almost 46, I'm....... never mind I forgot what my point was....
64800.gif

Pulled a PM on the 1650 today, dropped mower deck and pulled mule drive. "Darn if I only had a camera". There in the front axle are the cuts (from) the mule drive pulleys, both sides, the left (sitting on it) is worse than the right. Also notice that when I cut the Cub off the hour meter runs for another 15 seconds. is this norm? John

ah- to be back, 30-40 years old.

John H., I would guess what you're seeing is the coil discharging.
dunno.gif

I have several "spare" narrow frame axles kicking around here and I think they all have the notches from the mower deck mule drive pulleys. My Original's axle has 'em too.

Test plowing at PD 14 Site
64824.jpg

Bob Hafften (Hosting Plow Day 14)

64825.jpg

122 Cub

64826.jpg

Sears

64827.jpg

JD 316

64828.jpg

wheat stubble, rolling hills

64829.jpg

Theresa Hafften (Host)

64830.jpg

Socializing
Tony Morris left center in blue (Host/Promoter)

I just posted some pics from yesterday at the PD 14 site. Very nice area. wheat stubble with Black sandy soil. You will not be disappointed! Good roads leading to site.

Dave

Dave T., test plowing? Looks like they're gonna have it all plowed!
yikes.gif

Kraig

There are several places to plow. We had a really good time and looking forward to the big day.

Dave

Art
My reason for the WF to NF axle swap was to get a narrower track. My profile 109 is dedicated to tiller duty between the rows in the vegetable garden. I wanted it as narrow as possible as cheaply as possible. 1A with no extensions=28"
6-12 Ags on rear mounted with valve stems inside=27" WF axle with 5-8 Ags=351/2" NF axle with 4-8 tri ribs=32" For $10 of used parts and a little time it worked out well. When tilling near plants anything missed by the front tires will be missed by the tiller. For bigger jobs I have a 2B on my 169. GO VIKES!

Jerry H.,
After you installed a NF axle on a WF tractor, did you notice any difference in the height of the tractor front end? It seems to me that the straight axle (NF) compared to the curved/arched axle (WF) would drop the front end a good 1.5" to 2" ?

Now maybe some front end tilt doesn't matter when you're just pulling a tiller like you are with your 109; but what do ya think would happen if you stick a mower deck under it?
Do you think it would mow fine or cause problems with the front of the deck digging in?
Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

I believe the question on the front axle was why the rear side of the axle is notched near where the steering linkage is.

Ryan-
Keep in mind that Jerry also used the narrow frame spindles which sit "under" the axle, while the wideframe spindles sit "along side" of the axle.

I'm guessing that makes up the difference, and pretty much equals them up...

Got the IH fleet out to a bit of yardwork.
After not mowing most of the summer (lack of rain) the grass has now decided to grow like wild fire with a bit of rain wh have had the past two weeks.
The 126WH on sweeper duty.
64835.jpg

The 72 got to do the mowing,
64836.jpg

The 100 get the fun of pulling the hay wagon.
64837.jpg

Just in case you want another look at the 126WH
64846.jpg

64847.jpg

64848.jpg

I figured I did not realy need 2 zig-zag grills in the fleet.

Latest posts

Back