• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 01, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Did some serious labor on labor day. Sandblasted and sprayed primer on parts about all day on the 122. I'm slowly getting there.
ihrotate.gif

The frame and tranny were a beast!
How hot is it? DANG hot! It hit 98 degrees today. Sure was warm in all those clothes, dust mask, and hood.

CHARLIE - You ought to be getting SNOW up your way pretty soon right?

And a swinging drawbar on a 7000# FARMALL drops a guy into a screaming pile in less than a heart beat too.

Dad caught a couple kids trying to break into his gas barrel about 2 AM one night. The barrel was empty, but one kid was in the shop rummaging around in stuff. Dad fired off ONE 12 gauge shot gun shell and the kids decided to leave in a BIG hurry. The kid in the shop hit the drawbar of the M with his shin on a dead run. Dad just chuckled. Never had a problem with gas thieves before or since that night.

Charlie, BTDT and still have a divot in my shin 35+ years later.
bash.gif

What would be the problem with a starter/generator that does not charge? I'm not getting any power out of the "A" stud and I tried grounding the feild "F" terminal. still nothing. I disconnected both A and F wires and checked resistance across both terminals and got 8 ohms. So it shouldn't be shorted correct? it's a 149

Rob, Hmmm, I was working on my non-charging #2 125 yesterday. I did find one broken wire. It was the blue wire from the "G" terminal on the regulator and it broke right at the crimp connector where it attaches to the regulator. Full disclosure, I may have broken it when I was blowing and brushing all the dust out of the wiring. However, it must have been close to breaking, so better that I get it out of the way.
happy.gif
I fixed that and it's still not charging. I think on mine it's the regulator. I think it may be in the ground wire from the regulator. I have spare regulators and starter/generators. I fixed some other issues with the wiring in the lighting circuit but ran out of time to swap out parts to get it charging. Next chance I get I'm going to swap out the regulator and see if that fixes it. Good luck with yours.
happy.gif
I'll report back when/if I get mine fixed.

Rob F.

I'd first start with replacing the brushes if you haven't ever done that.

I haven't taken it apart yet. That will be the next step. I don't really understand these things, but I was kinda thinking that the Ohm meter over the F and A terminal would show it was open if the feild coils were bad.

Just replaced a bad voltage regulator on the 125 on Sunday before mowing lawn. Gave the battery a mild charge since the battery was totally dead and once started the charge indicator gauge worked perfectly. I've no idea as to how old the one I replaced was. Good thing I'd just bought a couple of spares.

Nice pics of the O's Charlie. Wish I had some of that cool stuff. Dang hot again! It hit 98 degrees again today, and the humidity is thick too.
I did manage to finish priming the remainder of the 122 parts that I have. Talked to my dad yesterday, and told him to bring everything he had left the next time he was in the area.

Don't know about the caramel but you're in the right place for the "cub" nuts. A big thumbs up on your tiller setup!

greenthumb.gif

Charlie P. Are those three little fellas still sitting in the same spot or have you moved them indoors yet? If'n I had the funds then I'd have a friend stop by when he goes to Minnesota and bring them home.
happy.gif

Over the years I haven't paid much attention to which carb goes with which engine and recently I put new rings,piston and rod in a 14hp.The owner has a new #26 carter and says it bogs down when he engages the deck.He has an older #30 carter that has some problems but the engine doesn't bog with the bad #30.I really didn't think that small difference would make a difference.Am I wrong?

Dan, depending on the tune and condition of the carb... YES. It's like the difference between a 650cfm and 750cfm carb on a car. One works ok, one works great... Just depends on the engine and the tune.

Latest posts

Back