Archive through October 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh i am guessing that you will love a 104. I have a 124 with tiller and it is one of the best tractors i have. I need to put narrow rims and tires on the 124 to make it almost perfect for a plow tractor.Much better than the 1250.
179979.jpg

Kraig- I was wondering if you had a parts blow-up for a wide frame clutch (128 in my case) and if so would you post it please. The parts look-up here is incorrect and I'm wondering now if it is even complete. It leaves out the washer between the spring and the roll pin like it's a given or something. The teaser spring and spacer are reversed. It would be nice to have another blow-up to compare it with too. I'm basically just curious as to whether there's a washer between the sring and the throwout bearing. I'm putting one together and don't like the way the spring rests there so I'm adding the washer anyway. So...if you have one I'd be greatful.
Thanks, Wayne

I got my 100 back together. I seperated the brake pedal from the clutch and added a stack. I also bought a blade for it and built a mounted salt spreader from a pull type spreader using a motor and gearbox from a cordless drill.

Dennis thanks for your feed back

My Dad stopped by today said he can re-cut the surfaces at work. He measured a ball from the bearing and said he has tools at work to cut the radius.

I'll let you guys know how I make out.

Thanks again Greg

I have a model 126 and my rear coil springs at the end of the drive shaft rotted out, I got the old ones out and I am having problems getting the new ones in. I was wondering if any one has a easy way to do this because I think that I might be doing it wrong.

Hi guys!!! , I made it home at 8.00 pm here. Had a terrible trip rain and wind and cars in my way. The 100 series was 40 mph till I could pass them and hit the resume cruse to 65 mph . In the am I will post a picture or pictures of the trip a costly one.But I now have a 1512 D ..... later Don T
Gee it was slow in here today!

Ok it stopped raining so I got the camera from the truck. Here is my (Look what followed me home pictures). I`am going to have lots of questions with this one LOL... Later Don T
179991.jpg

179992.jpg

179993.jpg

The rest of it is on the back of my truck. I will unload when it stops raining and I`am thinking a repaint for this Tractor.
bash.gif

Luther H, I bought my 124 last summer at an auction of a out-of-business dealer. I wish I had about $5000 when i went to that auction. There was a NOS 48" mowerdeck and a NOS tiller both IN THE BOX! There was a 59M shredder that went for $400, it was in great shape. They had a whole gargae full of racks of literature and manuals, a ROPS for a Cub Cadet, and 16 tractors most with engines, 5 or 6 without. I definately paid enough and more than I should have for my 124, but it was/is in great shape. I came with a 42" deck and 3 point. Other than new rings and gaskets for the engine, I havnt put very much into it, and it does more work around here than my 147. It came with wide rears and fronts and due to traction problems with the snow, i put ag tires on the front( which are now on the 147 w/ the snowblower), I bought a pair of narrow rims and put tri ribs on it and i love them. Im also working on putting all of the options on mine. I only need a cigarette lighter, raer tail light, and install the rear PTO, Which I bought VERY reasonable. Did your tractor come with lights or did you add them?

Latest posts

Back