Archive through October 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, Thats it. ON mine the {shoe}bare steel part has too much gap yet the snapring and wave washer seem to be in place. I cannot shut off the mower deck.

Frank, thanks but I don't think it is the set screws at this point. If it comes to it I do have a spare early style pto {without the brake}I could make work.

Also Frank, Kraig IS the little guy in the smillie face! He can be more help than a $1000 bill on a good day!

I have a window-breaking story too.

I was at a month-long live-in school on Fort Bragg. The barracks were adjacent to the Golden Knights' Army Parachute team headquarters.

Every night after class we had "area maintenance" till dark. Mostly we raked lines in the dirt to look busy because all the grass had been killed by previous classes. They had mowed it too short.

A guy in my platoon was mowing dirt and rocks (to look busy) and chucked one through the driver's side window of a brand-new Chevy/GMC SUV. The truck belonged to the Command Sergean Major of the Golden Knights.

The guy paid to get the window fixed. Two days later someone else mowing rocks broke the window on the passenger side.

The next day every single Golden Knights' vehicle had yellow notes on their windows saying, "Please do not break my windows."

We spent the next two weeks cutting grass with hedge-clippers.

BTW Kraig, I'm jealous of your Original. Wish I had a shop to do the same to my 100.

Hi all. Been gone a long time, but now I'm back in the Cub fixing business. I'm putting together a 149 from two basket-case tractors. I had the hydro trunnion welded up, and now I've got the tractor about 80% assembled. I want to check the hydro for leaks and adjust it for neutral. Problem is, when I disassembled the tractor, I drained the transmission. Now, I only have a gallon of hytran and can't get any more until the end of the week. Would it be ok to run the tractor with the rear wheels jacked up off the ground, and run the transmission forward and back to check for leaks and adjust the neutral position with only 1 gallon of Hytran in the system, or should I wait until I can pick up another gallon? Thanks.

Well, I added to my family of cadets today. My wife wasn't the happiest but anyway I am sure that I am not alone in this area. I bought what was a package deal (spied from the roadside) from a "Green" dealer. The tractor was a 104 with wheel weights, hydraulic lift, cigarette lighter, and headlights, and I did not know it had all of this until this afternoon. There was a mess of attachments to go with it as well. One of which was a brinly planter....does anyone know where I may be able to find a manual for this? Also this may be a stupid question, but id HY-TRAN used in the hydraulic lift?

Are there any major differences between the 149 and the 1450. I have a 149 and see that there is a 1450 available in my area, they seemed to be about the same size tractor? Is the 1450 a newer version more or less? Thanks

Thomas B. said!
"My wife wasn't the happiest but anyway I am sure that I am not alone in this area"

Now that is an Understatement!
biggrin.gif

Jeff R.
I'll start firing first, Then watch what happens.
biggrin.gif

The 149 isn't half the tractor a 1450 is, It's noisy, it rattles your teeth, It's uncomfortable to ride on and it's just plain bad compared to a 1450.
That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
clappy.gif

And yes I own 2 of the nasty things.
biggrin.gif

NEXT!

Latest posts

Back