• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry-
You keep that up and we're going to start calling you Brittany Spears!
icon_jam.gif

Paul, It would be nice to know if the last real cub is still living. A photo of the first and last together would be kind of nice. Not too sure witch one I would rather have.

Steve B. <font size="+1">Cub Cadet FAQ's

44" & 50" Deck Pulley Info

Info by Steve Blunier

IH 126393-C1 44A decks with serial number 81742 and above. (Small pulley)

all other decks (44, 50, 50A) list IH 59703-C3(some list C-2 as well) as correct.
Including a note about 44" decks below serial # 81741. (large pulley)

NOTE: These numbers are only good for YELLOW tractors.

The 5/8" belt on the 82 series requires a different pulley.

What pulley do I use on my Red 782 with 50C deck to speed up the blades?
Larry</font>

can anyone tell me what years these models were made,when they started making them and when they stoped to go to the QL. i guess its the first WF models. the ones pictured are 72 & 73
94895.jpg

Charlie, but---- I wOULD never hang my cub out the shed window!
angel.gif

Charlie, make sure you send the old IH parts bag with my order. Also found out that Kraig didn't have the paperwork yet. He will though.

Dustin: Check out #10 in the FAQ above.
happy.gif
}

"teach a man to fish..."

I read somewhere once that the most common reason for the Originals hood being bent down was from the clutch freezing up and even with the pedal pushed down someone trying to start it while it's in gear and it running into a wall or something else. Although my CCO/loader's hood was bent down and it most likely has always had the loader mounted to it.

With a little boy crawling all over my Cubs now I've started leaving them out of gear just in case he finds the push button starter.

Kraig McConaughey

Thanks for the reply to my post about foot controlled hydros. I was interested in the guy who simply turned the speed control 90 degrees and ran it out the side of the frame. It seemed to be simple, easy to do, and functional. I can see where springs could be added to the rockshaft to make the pedal return to center (like on the current pedal drive Cubs) and even how cruise control could be added. I'd like to know exactly what dimensions are used setting up the hydro speed control rod and converting it to a rock shaft.

If anyone has any information about this, would you please post photos and dimensions, or contact me by email? [email protected]

Thanks,

John-David Reaves
ROLL TIDE

Dustin S,

The cubbies in the picture you posted are 8/9 series which were built from 9/71 to 10/74. This was the first series of wide frame models.

Ron,thanks

What do you mean 8/9 series. I have also heard 1/2 series on here before. Whats all the jibberish mean??? THanks

Dustin-
An "8/9" series would be like a 128 or a 129. The "even" number means "gear drive" and the "odd" number means "hydro". In this case the "12" at the front means 12hp.

Some people write it like this:
"1X8/9" which means any tractors from the 108, 109, 128, 129, 149 series. The "X" is a variable for any HP designation you could want.

I'm not sure about the "1/2" thing. Mabye it was 2/3? (That would be the 102, 122, or 123 series.)

It REALLY gets confusing if you include the lowly 7 & 8hp tractors, because "1X8/9" becomes "86/1x8/9", but that does cover every tractor in the series..
clown.gif

<font size="-2">Don't ask me why an 8hp "86" model is called an "86"..... They "should" have called it an "88", but I suppose Oldsmobile had that all wrapped up with the "Delta" cars!</font>

Clear as mud?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Dustin,
The 8/9 series refers to the 108,109,128,129, etc. series. Basically 1X8/1X9. The X would be the horse power. 10 horse 108/109, 12 horse 128/129. The last number if even (8) means gear drive, odd (9) means hydro drive.
Red56

Latest posts

Back