• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 29, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie forgot ya need to make weather proof / salt proof electrical connections on yer cubs to play in the snow ... and haul yer cubs to Plow Daze on them thar wore out trailers.

We need a rasberry gif !
biggrin.gif

Charlie - Your weather is calling for maybe 6" of the white stuff and Bryan may be due for 12" of "Fun Time". Ya'll stay warm.

Kentuck,
Weather proof connections in Minnesota!
Surely you jest.
biggrin.gif

I don't use heat shrink, but Dielectric grease and a good fresh roll of 3M 33 does just fine for me and has for all my years with not one problem.
thumbsup_old.gif

Hi Guys, Its been years since I've made a posting. I've just been quietly reading you all. But now need your help. With the snow coming to northern MN my 122/cc42 is down. Carb float had been sticking, so i put in new needle and seat with carb still on engine. Tried adjusting the float...maybe shouldnt have done that. Now it runs for maybe 30-45 seconds,and dies like it runs out of gas. How you guys adjust them floats?

I worked with connections of all kinds for 37 years and found that how the wire is prepared before the splice is as important as the splice itself. A dirty or coroded wire will loose any type connection. I like to use plugin connections with white lube on my cadets. Just my 2c.
Luther

Brad I usually remove and dissamble, clean and adjust the float on the bench. I adjust the float to level at cutoff. Sounds like you could have a fuel tank cap with the vent stopped up.
Luther

Luther,
What is 'white lube' on your wire plug-in connections?
I'm guessing you're NOT referring to dielectric grease, only reason because my dielectric grease is clear...
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Charlie - Yep I like "33" too but it doesn't look as neat a heat shrink and water will wick in ... it does with shrink too but not as bad.

But the BIG question is ... <font size="+2">GOT SNOW ??</font>
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Man it grew over night ! I bet you're in your realm now
Shift.gif
with the "snow crew".

Oh it's tryin to snow, we've got around 2" so far and it's still comin down, but I don't think we'll get near what they said last night!
angry.gif

Personally, I'd like to see a good foot or more just to make things interesting and worth gettin the tractors out instead of the leaf blower!
biggrin.gif

Darn, it's supposed to snow 2-4" at home with ice (yuck) but I won't be home 'til the 11th. Darn!
angry.gif

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and just getting started on a restoration of a 1963 Original that belonged to my grandfather. I'm in the process of carefully disassembling the engine, but can't get the exhaust pipe/elbow/muffler to budge. Can anyone give me some advice on how to lossen it up for removal? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back