• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 20, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie - geez I'm glad to see that Thumbs Up!!!

Steve - I don't use the pins often enough to buy any quantity so I just go to the local dealer. Haven't found a local hardware store that carries spirol pins either. I couldn't find spirol or coiled spring pins any place in the Grainger catalog info, and McMaster Carr doesn't have this specific size 1/4 x 7/8. I'm just really glad to see Charlie has them. Next time I place an order for several things I'll be adding a few pins this size for certain.

Levi W - still can't quite figure out your 1450. The pics of the engine you removed (the K301A) is not the correct engine. As I mentioned before the correct engine has a suffix with the letters "AQS" not just the "A".

Also, I enlarged the pic of the engine shown in the tractor as much as I could but still couldn't see how they could have installed a Starter/Generator with what appears to be an electric PTO. You'll need to get us some closer up pics to tell more, and more pics of the K321A you want to install if you really want to go ahead here.

Marlin-Thanks and I'll try
happy.gif
Hydro-the k-301 was some homebrew they had stuffed in there when they swapped out the old k321(I'm sure why they swapped it. The old k301 had a pulley behind the electric pto for the starter generator. The "new" k-321 came out of a 147 and has the manual clutch. I'll try to get you some more pictures tomorrow but I'm freezin my toes off to get some tonight. I already have the "new" k321 installed and working and I will give you a link to a video of it driving as soon as it finishes uploading.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 136
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 136
311146.jpg

311147.jpg

Attachments

• 311146.jpg
    311146.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 311147.jpg
    311147.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 311146.jpg
    311146.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 311147.jpg
    311147.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 133
Marlin I agree!
Levi, interesting what you have going on with your 1450. I've seen quiet line engines in earlier, but not vice versa.
My 129 has a later engine in it, don't remember if it's just a black replacement or not, about 30 miles from me right now...
I take it back, we put a k301 from a 122 in a 1000 for a while and just didn't run the PTO. We didn't have to modify anything to fit it because he got the original k241 rebuilt and put back.
Oh and keep the snow, at least until Friday!

Back