• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim T.
HUH!
What you talkin about?
1100's were made by
ihrotate.gif
and were made between 10/1974 TO 9/1979.
So what's the problem?
thumbsup_old.gif

...I think it had something to do with the transmission and the 3 bolt hubs....

70497.jpg

Let 'er snow. I got the QA42 mounted up yesterday along with tire chains and some strategic greasegun action. After 20-some years of mounting that blower, I think I have FINALLY figured out how to do it without A)hurting myself; or B) swearing.

I did notice that I forgot to put that nifty new fitting on the chute adjuster that I bought last year from Grainger (thanks to Kraig, I think!) and now I've lost the dang thing in the move. It'll turn up after I buy another...

By the way, did I post a picture of my new guard dog? I can't remember. Well, if not, here she is. She's about 12' tall and 20' long. I think I put her up on the forum but can't remember for sure and could not find her in the archive so here goes...
70499.jpg

Craig, I did post info on a replacement U-joint for the chute rotator. The one I posted is from McMaster-Carr......

Here's my original post:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 08:21 am:

Has the small U-Joint on the chute rotator on your QA snow thrower seen better days? Here's a low cost easy upgrade I did two years ago and I'm quite pleased with the results. I've shared this here before but I figured it was time to mention it again. I bought a low speed U-Joint from McMaster-Carr, part number: 6445K3 the current price is $8.67. It comes drilled out for 3/8" diameter shaft but is easily drilled out to accept the larger chute rotator shaft with a hand drill. You'll also need to drill the holes for the cotter pins.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

70501.jpg

70502.jpg

70503.jpg

Oh yeah, Charlie put the info in the FAQ.
bash.gif

FAQ

Thanks Charlie!!! Plus a great article.

When my girls had their first date the boy was required to meet me before they went out. My line was the same for both of them: "Glad to meet you, and I am so happy, I got out of jail in time from Manslaughter charges to see my baby go on her date"!

Pops

I thought the 1100 was only allowed in the "Lawn tractor" section. Always seemed kind of funny to me seeing as how IH referred to it as a "lawn and GARDEN tractor". It is definitely my least favorite of my 4 cubs but should still receive the same respect all cubs deserve
groupwave.gif
}

Kraig - yep, that's the one. I'm gonna tear apart the barn tonight. Can't stand to lose perfectly good parts.

JIM - I remember several discussions about the 1100 and it's later versions, 582 Special if I remember right. Don V. said He used one as puller so they can't be too bad of a tractor....just about like a JD or Wheel Donkey I guess!
I used to live less than a mile from the local WH dealer back in East Moline, IL. There was ONE other newer CC lawn tractor in the neighborhood besides My 72....and about half the rest were green&yellow, rest were Crapsman or other cheap brands, but NO WH's!

I don't know who this is, but this may be who you are talking about. I saved these pics he posted of his 1100 pulling a sled and a plow. I know they aren't as stout as a regular CC, but they can't be THAT bad. It seems like these 1100's get slammed every time they are brought up.
board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back