• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhinds

displayname
Luther Ray Hinds
Charlie; The swan is A hod ornament sold by Western Auto stores in the 50s and 60s in the mud flap, fender skirt days.
Luther

Allan: Nope - I tried to sell the 129 but my son, literally, burst into tears. After we got the Pug I figured I could thin the herd a bit. No dice - told me he's been dreaming about rebuilding it with me. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree - I never like selling stuff...just do it because I run out of space.
70419.jpg

At least the wings lit up on the swans sold by Warshawsky's and JC Whitney's in Chicago
drool.gif

Charlie,

That looks like an early 70's LoadStar hood ornament with the "hot-rod" touches applied.....

Kraig-
Thanks, you too!
happy.gif

Craig Ellis-
Look at this from the positive side...your son wants to spend time with you, and it even includes working on a tractor!

I've tried on a number of occasions to get my 8yr old daughter involved in this "sport", and she wants nothing to do with tractors whether it's driving them, wrenching on them, or even running "utility".....pulling a trailer around at a plow day event. Don't get me wrong, we do plenty together, but she's just not into the tractor-thing.

.....'Course I suppose when she's 18 and brings over her first boyfriend who shows an interest in my tractors, then everything will be different!
whistling.gif

Charlie,

I agree with Steve. The IH emblem is definitely off the front of Loadstar series truck and the swan is an add-on.

Art, 'when shes 18' and brings home her FIRST boyfriend!??? <font size="-2">it aint gonna be ur tractor she wants to show off !</font>
dunno.gif

Allen-
I was wondering who was going to be the first person to pick up on the "18yr old" and "first boyfriend" connection.

It doesn't hurt to hope though!
happy.gif

Graig E,
I'm glad to see Your Son wants to spend time with you working on a Cub. Enjoy it while you can.
My Son and I started out with this:
70423.jpg

This is how Son's 86 looks now:
70424.jpg

He was 14 when we started this project. Steve is 20 now.

Art,
18???
Wishful thinking on Your part.
Boys start showing up when my Daughter was 12. My Daughter won't drive a Cub...She stills helps me work on my Cubs. Lora is 24.

I can count my blessings my two oldest want to "play tractors" he's 6 and she's 4 I just wish I could mow the lawn alone once, but I ain't complanin'. If my daughter wants to show off the cubs to her first boy friend I'm sure one of them will be hers by then. My 6 year old is already buggin' me to get started on the parts special 100. I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts.
baldguy.gif

Hey guys and girls.They tell me I posted in the wrong area(lawn tractors) so I think I'm in the right area now.I've just recently got the cadet fever this year,built a puller with a 1000 cub using an 1100 yamaha.Its a real sweetheart and runs strong too.I'm currently refurbishing a 1200 to stock condition and I also have a 126 piled up in the corner waiting for his turn.Someday a just may have a fleet.Cubs are great and so is life.K.W.

Hello. Cub # 4 has made it home after a long trip. the weather was wet .149,rear blade,wower deck and lots of parts. But no head gasket Charlie?
70427.jpg

Don: Cub #4 looks familiar! Glad the border crossing went OK. They need to change hands (not necessarily countries) now and then to keep them "new" to someone.
happy.gif

Hi Guys. just spent all day in my garage working on and studying the manual for the 149. Found the reasone for the rich when running. lol, cleaned the filter nd set idle at 1000 . if customs new i had USA dirt,well i plan on makeing my Cubs my winter job. lets see what i get done lol.
70437.jpg

Had a bad cub day today. Remember that OCC with lights and fenders I got on Monday? There was a mis-communication between the owner and the agent I got it from. Seems it was supposed to be repaired rather than sold. I had to give it back today.
thumbsdown.gif

70442.jpg

I got some consolation from finding 2 of these NOS on Ebay.

70446.jpg

70447.jpg

Latest posts

Back