• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,
I did get paid for my time in fixing the shifter, but it still broke my heart!

Nice find on the lights.
thumbsup_old.gif

Don T. OOPS!
bubbly.gif

(No pic of the nice clean deck)?
happy.gif

I'm looking at picking up a 100. It has no mower deck or front blade. What model deck and blade is right for the tractor?

I vacuumed up some leaves yesterday with my 106 and Cyclone Rake. I had problems with the PTO clutch (think I've finally got it working right...) and the leaves were pretty wet, so I probably only got 1/4 of the job done. We are supposed to get rain/snow all this week, so the rest of the leaves might have to wait until spring...

70451.jpg

Somebody better buy Dion's cub stuff, look on the for sale page, it'd already be sold to me if I weren't so far away
biggrin.gif

Hi all,

I bought a 129 that has been sitting for 10 years and it has no spark. I did a search and found a topic on how to hot wire for spark but my internet connection drop before it loaded all the page now I cant find it now can someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks so much.

William W:

For testing purposes, you can run a jump wire from the positive (+) Battery Post to the (+) terminal on the Ignition Coil. This eliminates the safety & ignition switches. Then open and close your Ignition Breaker Points to see if you have spark.

70488.jpg

Having raised 2 daughters and 2 boys I got 3 out of 4 that like the Cubbies. That would be 2 girls 1 boy. Both of my girls are not afraid to jump on a Cub and go mow. (I think it is called "getting a tan pops").

Charlie: You and I had conversed about the pulley on a snowblower what dia. worked best. Any help here from anybody would be appreciated. Got my snowblower out of storage yesterday I am thinking it was orginally made for the 82 series. (42" Model# 100). But when I got it, it had a 1/2 drive pulley I had to do some revamping and pulley change for the 1863 I had at that time. Now seriously thinking about installing it on the 1650 (Gus)of course I have lost the orginal pulley
bash.gif
! Help?

Pops

Kraig,

Why the pic of the 1100? I thought those were forbidden in this area. I have an 1100 but I dare not post anything about it, else I get pounced on. Good pic though. Guess you CAN call it a "garden tractor" after all huh?

Kraig: My wife and I tell our 8 yr old daughter she can date when she turns 30. I might also suggest you show the boyfriend your gun collection. I intend to be cleaning one of mine when that first date arrives to pick her up. Probably it'll be a pumpgun...they sound so impressive in a quiet room.

Dale: Yeah, I am happy about it. He and I spend a lot of time together. I'd like nothing better that to spend a day in the barn with the little guy. He's a good worker, too. That one you and your son did looks A++.

Good morning . here is what i have for a deck. is there and way to tighten the center blade or do i have to replace the bearing on the deck there is some play there and what do i need for the belt in the deck. thanks Don T
70494.jpg

Donald T, from the forum archives:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

posted By Hydro Harry [aka Elder Harry] (Hbursell) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003

I suppose you already ran out and bought the new upper cup flanges by now, but I'll give you my fix anyway - I've only ever had to swap a few of the upper and lower flange cups and that was because the hole for the bearing shaft was oval'ed. Usually the flange around the cups swells from the pressure of using the blades (I guess). My fix is taking a hammer to em. Really. Put the cup flanges on a flat surface and see if they are truely flat all the way around the flange (where the bolt holes are). Use the hammer to flatten the flange, then put the 2 flanges together and see if they match each other flat together - if not, beat on them some more. Once you get them good and flat, then insert the bearing and see if it fits nice and tight - should be unless the holes for the bearing are oval'ed as I mentioned. If they fit good then re-install, grease'm up and you should be good for another 10 years of service, before you have to do the same thing again.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Craig, I have a 12 year old daughter. We (my wife and I) tell her that she can date when she's 21. Funny, I've told my wife the same thing you wrote, that I plan to be cleaning a gun when he shows up to take her out.......

Latest posts

Back