• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 12, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnolte

displayname
Bruce Nolte
It's actually gotten colder since earlier this morning. The outside thermometer said 48 degrees at 9, coming up on 11 it's 44.6. At this rate I will have to get the old 102 ready for snow. I was hoping to give it a new mechanical heart first, but the 129 project is filling the garage right now.

Glen: The 'other' forum has members who insist on using that butchered english BS. They don't speak like that in person, but type like that on the site. After wading through several posts per page with that crap in them, it gets OLD!

I 'understand' what you are 'saying', but come on, using the correct letters, or adding 1 or 2 more letters completes the word/words anyway!

I know I'm not an owner or moderator of this site, but PLEASE don't get that crap started on this site!!

Wild Bill -

I don't know that online English will ever be correct English.
wink.gif

I ran your post thru the Dialectizer so others could understand - note I'm using the translator site's descriptions, not mine!
lol.gif

Redneck:

Glen: T'other fo'um has members who insist on thet butchard inglish BS. They doesn't speak like thet in varmint, but type like thet on th' site. Af'er wadin' through sevahal posts per page wif thet crap in them, it gits OLD! Fry mah hide! ah 'unnerstan'' whut yer 'sayin'', but come on, usin' th' co'reck letters, o' addin' 1 o' 2 mo'e letters completes th' wo'ds/wo'ds ennyway! Fry mah hide! ah knows ah's not an owny o' moderato' of this hyar site, but PLEASE doesn't git thet crap started on this hyar site!! Fry mah hide!

Elmer Fudd:

Gwen: De othew fowum has membews who insist on that butchewed engwish BS. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Dey don't speak wike that in pewson, but type wike that on the site. Aftew wading thwough sevewaw posts pew page wif that cwap in them, it gets OWD! I 'undewstand' what you awe 'saying', but come on, using the cowwect wettews, ow adding 1 ow 2 mowe wettews compwetes the wowds/wowds anyway! I know I'm not an ownew ow modewatow of this site, but PWEASE don't get that cwap stawted on this site!!

"moron":

Glen: De odeh f'um has membehs who insist on dat butchehid english BS. Dey don't speak like dat in pehson, but type like dat on the, ERRRR, site. Afteh wadigg drough sebehal posts peh page wid dat crap in dem, it gets OLD! Doihh, COOL! I 'undehstand' what you are 'sayigg', but come on, usigg the, errr, correck lettehs, duuhhhh, or abbigg 1 or 2 more lettehs c'pletes the, uh, the words/words anyway! Doihh, COOL! I know I'm not an owneh or modehator of dis site, uh uh uh, but PLEASE don't get dat crap startid on dis site! Huh huh!! Doihh, COOL!

And of course, Pig Latin:

Englay: Ethay otheryay orumfay ashay embersmay owhay insistyay onyay atthay utcheredbay englishyay bSay. Eythay on'tday eakspay ikelay atthay inyay ersonpay, utbay ypetay ikelay atthay onyay ethay itesay. Afteryay adingway oughthray everalsay ostspay erpay agepay ithway atthay apcray inyay emthay, ityay etsgay OLDyay! Iyay 'understand'yay atwhay youay areyay 'aying'say, utbay omecay onyay, usingyay ethay orrectcay etterslay, oryay addingyay 1 oryay 2 oremay etterslay ompletescay ethay ordsway/ordsway anywayyay! Iyay owknay I'myay otnay anyay owneryay oryay oderatormay ofyay isthay itesay, utbay EASEPLAY on'tday etgay atthay apcray artedstay onyay isthay itesay!!

Have fun: http://rinkworks.com/dialect/, but let's not get carried away here...

Charlie: Thanks for the plow info.It all makes sense now!
worthy.gif
And speaking for rednecks everywhere,our keyboards are all identical.
beerchug.gif

I'm with Bill, Bryan, and Charlie on this one.

Most people my age use this "butchered english BS" also, because they either 1. Are too lazy to type correctly or 2. Can't spell whatever it is they are trying to say. It annoys me and I can't see why people can't just take a couple seconds to use correct forms of words. I learned the other day that when you apply for a job, potential employers may Google an applicant's name to see what shows up. They will see your use of improper english and may not hire you because of the way you communicate online. Not to mention that your first impression of a person met through a forum/email is how they type. If they are using my age group's abbreviations and slang instead of proper english, most people would think that person isn't very intelligent. Just my $.02

HaHa Guys...
err.gif
I can take a joke, but I wont redneckify the forum... Glen
irritated.gif

So i really need help. FAST!!! Kuz i am freaking out now.

What happened to the link on the home page to the guy that had all those cub parts for sale.

He had stuff that i needed and wanted. Like stickers, seat cover, grill (kuz mine is missing!), p.t.o. And light kits

And i got a turn plow this weekend, But heres the problem. No mount. Just the plow. Can someone tell me how to make t bracket for it? Kuz i dont know what im doing with it.
plz email me back about it a.s.a.p.

Thanks,
Anthony

I have wondered why IH CUB CADET (yellow) not the 82's never made a straight transmission 14 or 16 HP? Was that in the proper vein & English HA!???
G.L in the Blue Ridge - Looking right at 'em!!!!

Bruce, I know what you mean, I want to rebuild my 149, but I'll have to put the blade on her soonish if this weather stays this cold and crappy...
Now, on the subject of flappers or rain caps, depending what you all like to use, this demonstrates just how well they keep that danged water out of where it shouldn't be...this ones on my 149... I know that the pics arent that great, but notice that the water beads up on the top, and runs off the sides. keeping the water out of the muffler. I lost the turnout beacuse I started it up yesterday, and a bunch of water blew out all over the garage wall, not fun. so, now it has the flapper back. It is different than the other one because the old one, well it broke off...
44257.jpg

44258.jpg

44259.jpg

Anthony, no need to repost, we'll still see it if we decide to cruize through the arcives...

Nate, again, excelent job on the 782D, but I'd put a flapper on that stack to keep the dreaded water out, like mine, they come in chrome too for the record...

Anthony C: I don't know why that link isn't there anymore (and it is none of my business why it isn't), however, there are still links on the top of the page to companies, and people who sell what you are needing/wanting.
thumbsup.gif

Glen- Best way to avoid the water is not leave them sit outside in the rain! Even a tarp helps if nothing else.
guitarist.gif

Lyle, she is under a tarp, but the muffler extension goes out the hole burned in it.

Bryan solved the big issue with a pair of pretty yellow cans!
44261.jpg

And Bryan, I dint forget, I just couldn't find the pic I was looking for and said THWI! LOL

Anthony C.
Your going to need a lift assembly, spring assist and a Sleeve Hitch adapter to mount the plow, assuming that your talking about a rear plow.
44263.jpg

And if your planning on making one,
44264.jpg

While you guys are out playing in the snow, us people down here in IL are still playing in the dirt. Since I was having some withdrawels from plow day, I figured it was a good day to tear up the garden.
44270.jpg

44271.jpg

Latest posts

Back