• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 07, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don B:

Here are two pic's of mower decks. The first one is the early version. Note the Cast Iron Nose and Ends.
32168.jpg

The next pic's has the Cast Iron Nose only. The ends are stamped.
32169.jpg

Thanks Roland, after flashlight investigation I have 1 cast nose & ends & 1 with a cast nose only.I'm going to try to make one outa the pair.I'll have to weld in some baffles as they are both shot. Thanks again

Thanks for the wiring tips and I'll install a relay.

You folks were mentioning baffles, when I repainted my deck, the baffles (the curvy sheet metal) was pretty much rotted away. So I removed the little bits that where there. Does it cut a lot better with them or do the baffles just help to blow the grass out?

I have a problem, I am trying to remove the Rock Shaft from my 782 to replace worn pins, It won’t move, I have tried about everything, heat, PBB, BFH but the louse won’t move, any suggestions other than drill replacing pins in frame, I would like to free up the lift bracket while I’m at it. Help!

Digger,
You posted some links to adjust the return to neutral, and some faq for ih. I looked through the faq here and accross the street, I would like to check out the other place where the info you posted came from. Is there a home page to the faq?

Rick G. -

The place that Charlie's info came from is called (hang on to your hat) THE MANUAL
lol.gif

Bryan, I gotcha but I did find what I was looking for, just wanted to let Charlie know I already found it, but thanks anyways.
Rick

Larry,

Are you having problems driving the roll pins out of lift arm collars and rock shaft or the shaft out of the lift arms to remove rock shaft from tractor frame, or both??

Sometimes you need to let PB blaster sit for hours, if not days. Applying heat too soon burns off the PB blaster. Where you apply the heat is also important.

I'm glad I didn't post anything bad about Charlie after Travis posted. I followed a Fed Ex Truck home last night, he stopped right after he passed my driveway, I turned in and the Fed Ex truck backed up and followed me up the driveway. The driver handed me a big box, one look at the address and I knew it was from Charlie.

32173.jpg

Charlie, thanks for the birthday present!!! :eek:)

Todd, the wheels have 1" bushings in them, I have not yet decided if I'll change them to 3/4" for my narrow frame Cubs or to 7/8" for my Original. In either case I'd like to change to bearings. You're very welcome for that package of info. :eek:)

Just installed my creeper the other day and found that the front seal is leaking. Contacted the <font color="ff0000">I</font>H dealer for one and he just laughed and says "they are only $6 but can't get um any more". Any one know where I can locate one?

Todd C...if the creeper IS NOT for an Original CC, the seal is still offered. Try either of these part numbers at a GOOD IH Cub Cadet dealer....921-3011 or 385038R91. Cub Cadet has stock of the 921-3011 for immediate delivery.

Apostle, Thanks for the part numbers just ordered the seal and should have it in a few days. My <font color="ff0000">I</font>H dealer had me worried. Now he says what he meant was "that he didn't have it in stock".

Jim:
Thanks for the reply, I have the roll pins out, the lift bracket will move with persuation but the shaft won't budge, blaster has set for a week, I may just have to work on it in frame, seems like rust has locked it together.

Todd C.-

Don't know if you looked at this when your creeper was out before you installed it, but it may be leaking because the input shaft is scored or messed up and isn't sealing. BTDT...
sad.gif
Try the seal first, because it's cheaper than replacing/repairing the input shaft.

I have a snow plow blade (including undercarriage) which was removed from a 1980 Model 1200 International Harvester Cub Cadet machine, and I would like to know all of the models which this plow will fit. A photo can be seen at http://mysite.verizon.net/edmcc/blade1.jpg .

From the limited research I have done, I believe the Model 1200 machine is classified as having a "Wide Frame". Referring to the table on the home page of this site at https://www.ihcubcadet.com/ , all of the following models are listed as having a Wide Frame:

86 - 108 - 109 - 128 - 149 - 169 - 129,

800 Cadet,

1000 - 1200 - 1250 - 1450 - 1650,

482 - 582 - 682 - 782 - 982 .

poof.gif

My question: Will the blade that fits a Model 1200 fit all of the Cub Cadet Models with Wide Frames as listed above?
32178.jpg

Back