• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 26, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i got a new belt for the mower deck on my 109 from a cub dealer, same part number and something just didn't look right. here a couple pics. just wondering if it will get thrown or will it work. new belt made in mexico nothing on old belt except p/n. thanx all...

258873.jpg
258874.jpg

Mike,

Run it, the other is stretched, tired and worn.

David S.

Charlie is correct....Straight 30 wt., no MMO, and run it with a load on it, don't baby it...the rings need to be seated under load.

Mike C.
Back 2 years ago, MTD/Cub Cadet SCREWED up and made those skinny belts and caught all kinds of crap over it.
They actually toyed with the idea of a recall, but thought better of it after it was decided that the cost of the recall would be more than talking crap from everyone. LOL
Needless to say it took them a while to figure out that the guys and gals in the real world new what they were talking about and switched back to the original design/width.
The wider belt will work just fine.

Isn't that the truth Charlie

@ Jeramia, are you saying the round tube is flat on one side on the inside of the tube? I may have misunderstood that part. I'll show some pictures of what I intend to do tomorrow if the spring will slide on the pipe i bought. bought it this morning and went to bed soon as i got home, I work the night shift. So tomorrow I'll look at it and show some pictures.

When you bought your kit, is there slop between the tube and bolt? seems to me its exactly what I'm wanting to do, I am assuming this steel tube is just a spacer so the spring doesn't flatten.

I saw CC Specialties had a "upgrade kit" that did not have a spacer, unless it wasn't installed on the bracket ( cant remember with out searching for it)

I need some help on how to install my Ih windbreaker on my 123. I can't find any good pics of the brackets and were they bolt.Thanks!

Patrick James Fitzwater: Give a sponsor a call before you go to work and I think he can hook you up with a new part. I agree that the sponsors are much more knowledgeable about the parts we need for our tractors than the folks looking to either sell NEW tractors or unload old stock (i.e., the dealer).

As far as my explanation goes, what I was trying to say is that the part I received consisted of a welded "assembly" of two pieces. First, a piece of flat bar with at least three holes in it, one for the idler pulley bolt at one end, one for the shoulder bolt at the other end (see below) and a smaller one for the tension spring near shoulder bolt hole. The second piece of the "assembly was a cylinder or tube through which Item 25, the Shoulder Bolt (P/N IH-486360-R1) passed. My part did not include a "spacer" of any kind. From what Charlie posted, I gather your part includes some sort of spacer which has now been integrated into the "tube" portion of the assembly. Conceptually, the part is not complicated, but in order to fabricate it you would need to know the proper dimensions, especially the spacing of the holes and the total height of the assembly, AND you would have be be capable of welding the two (or three) pieces in exactly the right place and at exactly the right angle. It would be fun if you're experienced with welding up such assemblies and machining them either before, or preferably after, assembly. For most of us, it is easier to cough up the estimated $35.00 or so plus shipping
smile.gif

(Note: For reference, I paid $33.00 plus 7% sales tax in 2011 for P/N 959-3026 that fit my 42" deck.)

PS: I'm working the evening shift, so just consider this message a "pass down"
happy.gif

thanx charlie, jeff, steve for your replies. the only basis for my question was a couple years back i got a belt from napa for it and that damn thing would not stay on and it was wider as is this one. so i went to the dealer for the belt. other than that, all is good. btw 200 miles from me in the adirondacks at white face mtn 3ft of snow over memorial day weekend....love it.

Latest posts

Back